Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I've gone all maxpower

henry21p

I need to find some good looking, centre lit, latching, push button switches with automotive symbols on them.... looked on ebay and can only find the ones that cost 16 pounds EACH.

Anyone got any clues what the elise uses or the Jag JP1?

David

P523 BPB - Caterham 21 Captain Scarlet Evolution

www.caterham21.com

Edited by - dave21p on 14 Jul 2004 16:52:28

OK - those are the ones I've found before - think they're made by savage...

DT appear to be about 20% more expensive than the other supplier... 17.50 pounds EACH? Excluding VAT? I'm in the worng job...

www.caterham21.com

Edited by - Dave21P on 15 Jul 2004 09:18:11

Dave, it sounds like time for a visit to a local breaker. Breakers don't charge much for this sort of thing as there is low demand compared to the daily grind of wheels, batteries, starters and alternators. Loads of choice and you just might find that the switch of your dreams last saw service in a 1991 Skoda Favorit sitting slumped on its corroded sills in a quiet corner. Aaah.

Is that a hint? Been hunting through scrappies for AGES and can't find anything close other than the elise and the JP1.... Don't tend to find either at your usual scrappie and the elise doesn't have a sufficient supply of switches to cover the applications that I need:

i.e. - sidelight, headlight, fan pos 1, fan pos 2,hazard, screen heater, fan override (rad fan), high vis fog light

www.caterham21.com

Ah well, it was worth a shot. Still any excuse to go grovelling round a scrappers is always welcome. "'94 you say mate? Is that the 1786 or the later 1798 engine? Alternator got three mounting lugs or two? Bosch or NipponDenso distributor on yours? What's the speed in flight of a swallow? You'll be wanting this one then..."

Fantastic. Good hunting, and if no dice then Vehicle Wiring products (I'm told) have a big range. Otherwise you could try Halfords. They will be near the aluminium pedal trims... *tongue*