Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting a roll bar

Bobo W

In preparation for my first track it has dawned on me that with my helmet on I might clear the rollbar on my car and thus need to go for the extra height version.

Tell me, where can I get one of these from (can't see on Caterham website), how much will it cost and how easy is it to remove my existing FIA and replace it with the higher version.

I dont think that the track day organiser (who is it with?) will have an issue with your napper sticking out above the roll bar, however you might?

bear in mind that you get people driving around in all sorts of things (convertibles such as MX-5 's with no roll bars fitted)

R400 .......... I love it

• Leadership Team

I find that pushing the seat forward by a couple of notches makes a significant (and not unfcomfortable) change to the seating positionthat results in a lower seating position. Might be worth a try first?

Michael.

Caterham sell the "tall" FIA bars, not sure on the price although I think it's about £215 +VAT.

I believe the fitting is the same as a standard FIA bar, which will involve removing the rear shocks to get access to the bottom mounting bolts,

did this myself a couple of months ago, pretty straightforward job.

you should be able to sell the standard bar for about £150 (at least that's what I paid for mine secondhand!)

Action! in Orpington, Bromley Pageant and Keevil