Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham JPE Racecar MOG 02

Joachim Westermann

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning Arnie

MOG Racing triumphs in Hockenheim with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall and 3 class wins!

In class 1 start 12 cars with the average BHP of 280 BHP! My car is a standard “JPE” engine with Arrows con rods and Swindon Roller barrel! Power? Enough!

I loose the lust reading your rubbish all the time. It is better spending your energy for producing payable carbon for your club mates.

With no word I promote my race car as an original JPE - coming in this specification from the factory. On Question AVES what’s the meaning of JPE registrated “Nemesis” give the answer “Number on chassis blade.

I answer short: Then it is a “JPE” Because the “chassis blade”.

In my stock I have for example also the saddle tank, the original MOMO steering wheel with JPE engraved etc….From the factory build JPE, lot of these "original" parts are still in MOG 02.

For better understanding what is JPE in mainland: (Sorry, I am not a expert in UK Caterham typology) Questioans and exlanations are allowed and purpose in a forum!

In German Caterham Racing we had until 2002 3 race classes:

Class1 Roadsport 1600 up to 136 BHP

Class 2 Vauxhall injection. + R 300 (before VVC)

Class 3 up to 2000 ccm, original Caterham engines, standard crankshafts!

In class 3 all the race cars with strong Vauxhall 2l named as "JPE", because the most use that engine, build by Swindon with standard crankshaft.

Check Caterham-Germany.de on the lap record site all class 3 Vauxhalls are "JPEs".

And that’s the site of Simon Nearns importer Wolfgang Becker! I think a Caterham Importer knows more about "JPE" than Fat Arnie!

In that thread I also write that it is not important JPE because it is my MOG!

All my experience in all the years is in this car! I think nobody raced more races with strong Vauxhalls Caterhams than me.

And you Arnie? On what experience you look back – because your big moth it give the impression of more than only doughnuts and acceleration?

My cat is a good fast race car and I only sell for the asking price.

If an enthusiast likes the car he accepts the price. A non-enthusiast does not buy the car also if it’s cheaper!

The price of the engine, dry sump, roller barrels, exhaust, MBE is always a very fair price!

Regards

Joachim

www.mog-racing.com

Joachim,

If your chassis plate (Blade) has JPE within the actual chassis number, then you have a genuine JPE. It would be largely irrelevant whether the chassis was modified in terms of re sale value.

If it does not have JPE on the chassis plate, (i think you are sure it DOES) then it is not a JPE and can only ever be considered (or advertised) as another Vauxhall engined 7/HPC.

A modified JPE will ALWAYS be worth a lot more than a modified HPC!!!! 😬

Good luck selling !!

Regards

Mike C

Hello Mike,

One question. If I take a chassis blade from a totally crashed R 500 and fix it to a 1989 crossflow. Ist that crossflow now a registrated R 500? *eek*

Please let stop this absurd discussion. The car I sell - I named it MOG 02 - is something like a Caterham Superlight R with some installed JPE Parts. Not road registrated.

Jesus are here some people small-minded. *confused*

Edited by - Joachim on 19 Jul 2004 16:11:01

Swiss - me too.

Sorry Joachim, I was only trying to help.

However Now it is clear then.

This car is most certainly not a JPE. As Arnie correctly pointed out, it is a modified HPC.

I'm sure it's still a stunningly fast car and good luck selling.

Regards

Mike C

Forgot to answer your other points!:

Joachim, changing the chassis blades from one car to another in order to modify it's idendity is, as you know, totally illegal, so don't really understand your point there. Also don't really understand what relevance this has to the debate.

I don't think all contributers are being small minded considering your advert was for a JPE and now you say it is not actually a JPE.

Maybe it was all lost in translation eh? I suspect what you meant to say was that the car that you are selling has some JPE bits on it rather than actually being a JPE. Nicht Wahr?

Your English is still better than my German!

Regards

Mike C

@ all

I made a stupid mistake when I answer AVES.

My MOG 02 had a Superlight R blade and chassis number. I forgot that the crashed and repaired JPE chassis wich I use 2001 after the flywheel / clutch damage was not worth to repair because I want change to RHD car. I ordered and build for 2002 a SLR Starter Kit. Tssss. Everybody can read that on the building story on my page.

I sell the wrecked chassis after we take all parts out!

Everybody also me speak from JPE if we speak about my car.

It was no intention from me. Also the fact that at evry time we change "car" we all take the old parts in the new one. Sorry about that.

So Joachim,

Why is your old chassis advertised as an HPC chassis instead of a JPE chassis here???

Seems it was an HPC not a JPE 😳 😳

Again to save you the effort the text here roughly translates to:

Caterham HPC chassis Bj. 1997 with a splash letter! Ex racing car of Joachim Westermann master car 1998 and 2000, class winner 1997.1998.1999 and 2000. Chassis was kompett divided and completely again developed by Arch of engine. All aliminium parts inside and outside are NEW! Innebleche of ARCH of engine in JPE black coats! Framework was completely examined and repaired! No chassis damage, no setting long or front ends! A car with singular history can drive again on the road or racing course! VHB 12,500, - of Joachim Westermann privately, (right steering wheel wants to only drive!!!!!) All parts necessary for finishing the car can be procured! Contact Pictures shortly

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....

Warum mus dieser Schwanz auf deutschen Internetseiten surfen wenn er zu blöd ist eine zweite Sprache zu verstehen? Ich fass es nicht. Und lesen kann er nicht mal in seiner Muttersprache. Da bin ich mal gespannt was das noch gibt wenn so ein Tiefflieger demnächst einen auf Unternehmer macht.

Dear Arnie,

Why you can not read exactly? It is so difficult for you? But interesting that you are interest fo MOG Car History.

1. I wrote: Please buy a pair of glasses.

2. My original JPE crashed 1996, I bought a 1997 HPC, make it road legal put then the JPE engine in for racing. Use this from 1997-2000

3. I offer now also this LHD 1997 HPC chassis. (only for the mainland market - maybe it is escape yours attention that out of UK the rest of Europe drive on the right side and we use on road as standard LHD cars)

I gave this HPC back to ARCH for a complete rebuild. I order the inside panels (Innebleche du Heini) black powdered. (Like the JPE)

4. The repaired Chassis from the 1996 crash I use in 2001 which I sell as a wreck when the clutch come out end of 2001.

5. From 2002 I use a RHD SLR Chassis with all the parts from the old car. My mistake was that I forget that this chassis was a starter Kit with a own number.

@ Micke C You forget to answer my question:

It doesnt matter for the moment its legal or not legal. A chassis blade say nothing about the car. Everybody can change them. We ave no reason to do that. Check that picture from the building story of MOG 02. Maybe you can recognize thats a 2002 blade!

It was only stupid for me to use the word "JPE"! Maybe somebody accepts now that in mainland every HPC with strong Vauxhall will named "JPE" Sorry for our ignorance!

Regards

Joachim

www.mog-racing.com

"My original JPE crashed 1996" Do you have some pictures of this car????

Your statement "Maybe somebody accepts now that in mainland every HPC with strong Vauxhall will named "JPE" " basically says you will lie about the originality of your car and mislead prospective purchasers.

Neither Dave Kimberley (who's car is significantly higher spec than yours), Alex Wong, Roger Swift or I would ever consider selling our HPC or SLR bodied VX race cars as JPE's. This is because they are not.

Real unmolested JPE's are worth the kind of money you are asking.

Cars which have been significantly altered (as in the case of Mikes car) are worth less unless properly restored to original spec. Which were HPC's which have been raced, or used wholely as track cars (even those with big engines) do not sell for anything like the price you are asking.

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....

Hallo Jo,

ich frage mich schon die ganze Zeit, warum du dem Spinner Fat Arnie überhaupt noch antwortest... *eek*

Er hatte NIE die Eier, sich mal auf der Rennstrecke gegen andere Fahrer oder Fahrzeuge zu messen. Ein großer Mund - ein kleiner Penis - mehr kann ich bei Arnie nicht erkennen.

Selbst die kostenlose Einladung zum Clubrennen in Spa hat er abgelehnt - weil er genau wußte das er selbst gegen die deutschen 150PS HPC´s verlieren würde.

Arnie hat keine Eier - kein Gehirn - keinen Mut - Arnie ist ein Weib und basta. 😬

According to babelfish (no responsibility taken by me guv!) ...

"

Hello Jo, I ask myself already the whole time, why you at all still answer the crank Fat Arnie... It had NEVER the eggs to measure times on the racing course against other drivers or vehicles. A large mouth - a small Penis - I cannot recognize more with Arnie. Even the free invitation for club running in Spa it rejected - because he exactly knew which it against the German 150PS HPC's would lose. Arnie does not have eggs - no brain - no courage - Arnie is a woman and basta.

"

Onwards and sideways ...

Edited by - AlShack on 20 Jul 2004 11:28:44

@Adam eggs = balls

@ Never

Never, mit ist das eigentlich auch zu blöd. Aus Respekt vor den anderen Usern (Clubkameraden - ich bin ja selbst Mietglied im Lotus Seven Club) hier versuche ich eben zumindest den von mir selbst verursachten Mist ins rechte Licht zu rücken.

Arnie geht mir sowas von am Arsch vorbei. Der hat doch nicht alle Tassen im Schrank. Doof bleibt doof, da helfen keine Pillen.

Aber ich kenne seine Kumpels nicht. Ich weiß nicht wer von den anderen versucht mich nur zu provozieren, sich absichtlich dumm stellt oder wer wirklich eine berechtigte Frage stellt. So weiß ich bis heute nicht was AVES im Schild führte als er nach der Registratur fragte. Wollte er mich absichtlich aufs Glatteis führen? Keine Ahnung.

Jedenfalls hats hier viele Experten. Es war von Anfang an klar, dass meine Verkaufsanzeige keinesfalls den Anschein erweckte dass ich hier einen originalen werksgebauten JPE veräußern will.

Regards

Joachim

www.mog-racing.com

Babel-ized ...

"

Never, with is that actually also too bloed. Here from respect for the other Usern (club comrade - I am even renting member in the Lotus Seven club) I try to move evenly at least the muck caused by me in the right light. Arnie passes me sowas from at the ass. That does not have nevertheless all cups in the cabinet. Remains stupid stupidly, there help no pills. But I do not know its buddy. I white not who from the others tries me to only provoke, intentionally stupidly places itself or who really asks an entitled question. So white I to today not which AVES in the sign led as it for the registration department asked. Did it want to lead me intentionally on the ice? No notion. Anyhow hats here many experts. It was from the outset clear that my sales announcement did not arouse under any circumstances the appearance that I an original work-built JPE to sell here wants.

"

Phew!!! 😬

Onwards and sideways ...

As I said before I don't wanna get on this bus but -

"my sales announcement did not arouse under any circumstances the appearance that I an original work-built JPE to sell here wants."

The ad title says "Caterham JPE Racecar"

*confused* *confused* *eek*