Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Caterham JPE Racecar MOG 02

Joachim Westermann

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi George,

Maybe it is a old engine, but it is a Swindon SPE engine. The car is fast enough to beat all other Caterhams, also the Race R 400 with the good drivers! The setup of the engine is perfect for track. No brutal power, easy to control, good tourqe, power when you need. No beast nobody can control! But strong enough!

If you are interested please email me.

Regards

Joachim

www.mog-racing.com

One should not underestimate the significant investment required to building and develop a car of this specification. It is truely an acheivement and a fantastic specification.

For R500 money you can have a car to go past all ( except EFA )

Regards

Yes but Mike,

How come this car, without an engine, is worth more than youpaid for your JPE with an engine???

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....

Edited by - EFA on 12 Jul 2004 21:37:51

Nemesis,

From what I heard the engine survived the Swiss trip even if the car did the return journey on the back of a breakdown van....

Seems Mikes car has some attraction to vans 😳

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....

Guess I got a bargain!

Don't forget that the original asking price for my car was circa £35k!! And it had £120k spent on it in the last 8 years.

I've spent a fortune on it over the last few months so I'd want a similar price to that being asked by Joachim, If I ever decided to sell it.

At £33k it still represents good money Joachim. Is it road registered?

Regards

Mike C

The car ist not registrated, but the loom and switches for lights are in the car.

The Car was build in 2002 and had 2002 1250 road miles and 2500 race miles.

2003 no road, approx 400 race miles and 1000 miles for testing suspensions, tyres and wheels.

For me the best is I sell only the engine, because if I build a new car I need much more money and time with the same result. And MOG 02 beat Simon Pullan and Barry Horne. And if my throttle cable dont pull in the last Lap ( I lead )in Spa European trophy, I also beat maybe all of the current R400 racers.

We all love this car.

Here on Road: Here on Road:

Regards

Joachim

www.mog-racing.com

@ AVES What is JPE registered? I bought my original JPE factory build in 1994. This chassis was crashed and was changed as a SLR repair chassis.

@Mark_H The pictures on the web are from last year. Next week I bring an update. (We race this weekend in Hockenheim SMRC 38 cars, on average 215 BHP per car! Lot of +300bhp Turbo HKTs on track)

From this year I use at my MOG 02 Front 7x13 offset 21 with Michelin 16/53/13 and rear 10x13 offset 23 with Michelin 23/57/13.

On my road HPC front 7x13 offset 21 with Kumho 175 and rear 8,5x13 offset 15 with Kumho 235. Perfect!

Joachim, It is however important that you describe your goods on a factual basis else you will expose yourself to the wrath of Aves like persons.....

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....