Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

R500 Flywheel

Beelzebub

The postie's just delivered my new flywheel. I ordered the R500 one from CC & the one that's arrived is a bit heavier than I was expecting, so now I'm wondering if they've sent the right one 🤔 There's no part numbers to cross reference either. It's steel as opposed to cast & weighs in at 3.15 Kg, which is closer to the weight of the flywheel fitted to the SLR.

Anyone know for a fact what an R500 flywheel weighs in at 🤔

Thanks in advance, Dave.

The R500 is easily identified from the SLR as it has cut outs or through holes near the ring gear, the SLR the flywheel is estentially the same but the same cut outs do not go all the way through to the engine side of the flywheel and thus its about 0.5kg lighter

Thanks for that Rob. Exactly the information I needed. It appears then that contrary to what I asked for they've sent me the SLR flywheel, as the cut-outs do not go all the way through I'll have to phone CC on Monday with the bad news *mad*

I've had a couple of phone conversations with Darren & Tony in parts at CC. Being the very helpful chaps that they are they've gone & weighed the flywheels that they've got in stock. SLR flywheel comes in at circa 3.6 Kg. R500 flywheel circa 3.1 Kg So as far as CC are concerned I've got the correct part after all. There are'nt any cut-outs on mine that penetrate all the way through.

• Leadership Team

I have a 1400 l/w flywheel, and a R500 flywheel.

Neither has holes all the way through, but both are very different designs.

The R500 flywheel has raised "teeth" for the crank sensor - 2 rows around the flywheel, rather like small wedges, with a sharp point at the top edge of each. The older type one has circles cut out with a central channel for the crank sensor.

Stu.