Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Loton Park

Kaspar McFarlane

Just got back from Loton and put the cars away and though it was about time to thank BB angin for another well sorted day. Nice one Graham!!

I'm just happy that every one got at least one dry timed run in as I could have been hiding for the next few weeks if not as I was out quite early on and got a dry run, Thankfuly it didn't turn out to be a de-fault win.

Anyway thanks again Graham and any one else who had a hand in todays running, Another top class day!

*thumbup*

Gemzoe

Yes, thanks again Graham for organising this - it really is a very pretty place, although a little daunting.

It was pretty spectacular to watch the fast boys coming down to triangle - particularly liked Dave's smoke screen effect to try and disguise how fast he was going!

Class 2 was competitive as ever, just a shame that the rain prevented the headstrong youngsters who threw it off the track on the first timed run from being able to try and catch up. Folly of youth I suppose.

The Saga Sevens obviously didn't make that mistake!! *smile* *smile*

Anyway, well done Richard for a very good Class 2 win.

Mike

Glad I camped the night before *thumbup* , nice to share a beer and have a BBQ .... same at Curborough friday night anyone ??

It was my first time at Loton , I havent even been to spectate here before so I didnt know what to expect having heard horror stories about banks and lakes etc etc . I loved the course as it has a mixture of tight and twisty then a great 96 mph climb up the hill through the kink flat in fourth bouncing across the 9 foot wide road 😬 *tongue* .Its clearly a course where experience realy counts as there are so many opportunities to make big chunks of time .

I loved it , it was a shame we only had 1 dry run , but the weather didnt dampen a good weekend .

Cheers Hagley and District Motor Club for inviting us and for Graham sorting out all the behind the scenes bits and bobs *thumbup*

So what are we all doing in our 6 weeks off *confused*

Edited by - Dave J on 11 Jul 2004 10:07:02

Guys

Glad you enjoyed it, its a great venue. Results are now posted here in the usual place.

Note that dropped scores are coming into play at this stage.

For those that didn't venture to Loton you missed a good day and the times were eratic to say the least, this was down to a wet first practice, dry 2nd, dry 1st run, wet 2nd run with lots of people choosing not to bother 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬.

Thanks go to David & Adrian for filling in the Practice times on my sheet as the final results I got hadn't got them on!! *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*.

In answer to Dave J's question about what to do in 6 weeks, I think an engine upgrade is in order 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

• Area Representative

Mike,

The Saga Sevens obviously didn't make that mistake!!

Is that me as well as you? I know it makes me feel old that I've been spectating at Loton for over 20 years, but didn't think I fitted the "The Saga Sevens" title yet 😬

I was thrilled with my time of 63.00 on my first event up the hill, but your improvement of over two seconds from last year must be very pleasing!(even though it was 0.07 seconds behind!! 😬 )

Dave,

So what are we all doing in our 6 weeks off

Look for a few extra tenths of a second 😬

Brodie's time of 53.54 is excellent! You can count on the fingers of one hand the Caterhams (and no derivatives) that have been in this single seater territory. I can't recall anybody else beyond DaveK, Clive and Robert Kenrick (come back Clive!).

Ken

Edited by - KenEvans on 11 Jul 2004 16:13:14

• Area Representative

Ken,

Brodie's time of 53.54 is incredible given it was his first time at Loton!

Who was this last year then ? here

Granted it's quite a quick time on his second visit to Loton 😬

(PS - I hope you noted I refrained from making any comments like "this one's in the bag" to you this year 😬)

Another great day and with all the Se7ens there it was just like a full club event 😬

Thanks again to BB for the organisation. I really hope that this can be a regular venue because this is becoming one of my favourite events. I beat my time from last year and got third in class. A fraction of a second later on the brakes going into Fallow on the first timed run and it could have been all so different *eek* How I actually got round the corner and stayed pointing the right way I'll never know.

Congrats to Richard for the class 2 win - but only just from Mike S.

Mike - I am afraid that I qualify for the Saga Sevens. Does that mean we all get to go on coach parties and wear beige jackets 🤔

It's going to be a long wait until Curborough 2

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

what a day, fantastic venue, hope we can get it for next year.

BB time would have been quicker but I caused a reg flag so he had to do it again, mind you if i had caused a red flag my time could have been a lot quicker.

6 week plan

upgrade driving skills (computer based training)

read psycology in sport

Thanks gain to BB for organising a great champoinship

David

I echo all of the above, cheers BB *thumbup* great venue and good company as always.

Would also like to add a thanks to Dave J for bringing the beer and grub and then having the decency to cook it for all of us as well. Nice one *thumbup*

Hadn't thought of using the computer for driver training. Anyone know if you can get a playstation game with Curborough on it *wink*

Steve

As usual, another great day. Many thanks for organising it Graham.

My first proper hill climb, challenging, scary but very rewarding. Great venue hope we can go back next year.I might even be able to shave a couple of seconds of my time and worry the guys at the top of class 3 if I remember to take a bravery pill *smile*

Only decided to go up the night before at 4PM on friday but it was worth it as the day seems more relaxed waking up on site. Thanks for the beers Adrian

6 week plan. Anyone got any good DVD or Vidio footage of some fast laps of Curborough, I can watch that over & over again *idea* *idea*

Well another great day at Loton even if I did not register a competitive time. Good to see that the 'Saga Se7ens' in class 2 can still show us youngsters how to do it 😬 Congratulations to Richard, Mike and Kipper

I must admit what impressed me most was the sporting applause and laughter that greeted my spin at Fallow on the first practice run. Its the good humoured banter that makes the Speed Championship so enjoyable. *thumbup*

What will I be doing for the next 6 weeks, well taking out the seats to remove all the grass I collected at Keepers....keep this up and Qualcast will be wanting to sponsor me and not Mike 😬

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Richard,

Of course I wouldn't include you in the Saga Sevens - you look much too young 😬

As I was next to last running in my group I missed seeing the action at Fallow - but I would not have been so unsporting to have applauded a fellow competitor who made a slight error (not much!! 😬 😬)

I will pass on the number for the Qualcast Motorsport Division to you Mark as you too may have done enough this year to deserve one of their awards!

Keep trying though, and you may get their gold medal!

Mike

I've been away from Blatchat for a couple of days, so only just caught up with the post Loton stuff.... Another good 'un BB, thanks.

Headstrong youngsters.........Folly of youth........ Oooh, i'm feeling young again (but I suppose it's all relative) 😬 😬

Well done Richard, Mike & Kipper for your "podium" places in class 2. Personally, Loton turned into a bit of a trial for me - what with the weather and my propensity for chucking it up the road *eek*.

Anyway, here's hoping the folly of youth can triumph over the wisdom of experience at the remaining rounds!!!!

Andy Nicholls

C7 AJN