Click here if you are having website access problems ×

My 2lt BDX engine is for sale

edmandsd

Available shortly:

2lt Ford Cosworth BDX built by HTR to original F2 spec albeit with EFI.

4 Bolt BDX cylinder head with 35.5mm/30.5mm inlet/exhaust valves and 10mm spark plugs

Rare reverse H section steel Cosworth rods with forged caps and ‘v’ bolts.

90.4mm forged Cosworth pistons giving 12.6 to 1 compression ratio

Rare forged steel Farndon 12 bolt crankshaft

BDT alloy block with 4 bolt mains

BDT oil pump and scavenge system

BDT water pump

Steel Hart 420r (BLF17) camshafts

KAM developments alloy drive assembly

HTR ceramic coated 4 into 1 exhaust manifold with 2 1/8th inch primaries 27 inches long complete with system and alloy repackable silencer for a Caterham. This arrangement has provision for a lambda sensor and individual cylinder exhaust temperatures.

Specially fabricated engine mounts.

Original Cosworth slide throttle injection (EFI) - 4 Cosworth grey injectors.

Motec M4 ECU

New schmithelm valve springs with titanium retainers.

New 7.25 twin plate Tilton clutch

Cosworth starter

Lightweight steel flywheel

Freshly dynoed on HTR's superflow @ 278 bhp (8,800rpm) and 180 ft lb's (7,200rpm) using Shell Optimax. Maintains 276 bhp @ 9,400 rpm. Showed 258 bhp @ the wheels on Sanspeed's rolling road.

Just needs:

Lightweight ‘Brise’ alternator - special bracket supplied.

£15k no offers (Reason for sale - Moving to Hart420r engine)

david@edmands.fsbusiness.co.uk

david.edmands@youatwork.co.uk

Tel: 07767 457359

Home of HTR700

Edited by - edmandsd on 15 Jul 2004 22:59:59

I am interested however I would need to know what happens to the engine when it encounters a corner, do you know anyone who has encountered this with this engine!

Nemesis

Click here

ARE YOU STUUPIDD I EM THE LAWE, I EM IN CHERGE ERE

Edited cos the lawyer told me to

Edited by - Nemesis on 14 Jul 2004 09:07:17

...well considering you have the new freestyle undertray/diffuser with scientifically proven advantages we're all at a disadvantage without one aren't we.

Is your favourite type of bird a thrush by any chance Nemesis, because you appear to have all the characteristics of one.

Home of HTR700

• 4 weeks later...

As a final offer to L7C members I'll offer my engine complete as listed, with manifold and system, new twin plate Tilton clutch, Motec ECU AND A BRAND NEW SET OF FORGED PISTONS FITTED for £15k (The pistons are the only lifeable items in the engine currently that aren't new) . I'm yet to advertise the engine outside of this forum as i'm still using it and i'm also keen for it to go in another Caterham. Don't be put off by what may seem to be lower than expected power figures (I personally think they're accurate and that other claims are far fetched). Just look at the performance of the car as this is the real indicator as to what the engine's capable of. Also don't believe that these engines are fragile or undriveable at low revs as it's simply not true. This is an opportunity to buy a proper race engine with all the right bits and as much power as any others show for c 50% of new price (Ref Geoff Richardson). I only use the engine for occasional trips to the drag strip so it's level of use will be far lower than an equivalent circuit/sprint engine. Next and last outing with be the Brighton Speed Trials on Saturday 11th September.

david@edmands.fsbusiness.co.uk

07767 457359

Home of HTR700

• 2 weeks later...

After the Brighton Speed Trials on 11th Sept the BDX is coming out of my Caterham and being replaced with a full house 2lt Hart 420r (This is the only 2lt engine I believe is capable of outperforming the BDX).

The BDX is then having new pistons/rings fitted along with a complete bottom end inspection (The top end was rebuilt with new valve springs and titanium retainers only very recently). The slide is being bored out from 42mm to 44mm and 803 injectors will replace the current greys (which will improve low/mid rpm driveability). It is then being remapped on HTR's Superflow dyno, where the next best 2lt 16v engine showed over 20bhp less.

The £15k price will include all of the above plus everything you need (including the Motec ECU and exhaust manifold/system) required to fit the unit in a Caterham.

It's got an original Ford BDT block with 4 bolt mains Peter. It uses the complete KAM Developments alloy pulley set with modern belt design. It also uses the huge capacity BDT oil system to assist block evacuation. The Motec ECU is included although i'm not sure whether that includes the loom - I'll find out whether this is being retained for the Hart installation or not and let you know.