Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Where should I fit a 12 accessory/conditioner socket?

Petrolhead

Petrolhead

I ran a fused wire from batt +ve and another from batt -ve through the grommet ahead of the gearlever, and then up into the dashboard harness, and put a Maplin battery connector on the end of it. I tie wrapped this to the steering column. Can't be seen when in the , but easy to get to when you want to connect up.

Put the mating half of the connector on the battery conditioner and you're done. Maplin part numbers are JG04E and JG04F. Use the female (JG04F) on the car as it is then more difficult for the pins to short.

Running it direct to the battery means you can still use the BMS to kill the car, whilst having the conditioner connected.

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. First 3000 miles completed!

edited for spelling...

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 8 Jul 2004 09:24:58

I did more or less the same as 7heavensoon, ran the wire up through the big grommet on the transmission tunnel and then tiewrapped it to the main loom and left about a 6" tail. You can then tuck this out of the way when blatting and simply pull it down and plug in when required, I certainly would'nt drill the dash in any way for something like this.

Phil S7SVN off to France in two weeks so big 😬 😬 😬

I've got mine installed in the bulkhead to the left of the fuse box, which I copied from Fred. I have a few pics of Freds installation if you let me know your email address - it's nicely tucked away and very neat, with a short run to the battery and the socket is firmly held in place.

7th

I was going to run a 17amp wire to the +ve with an inline 15 amp fuse and the earth so a suitable location under the dash.

If I was just going to use if for batt conditioner the position does not matter but I thought that if I use suitable cabling then I can use it for 12 v accessories. This is whay I was wanting feedback as to where I should fit it

Now with SL No 148 *cool*

Understand that.

What you could do is either use a fused accessory socket instead of the Maplin connector, or buy another male connector from Maplin, and put the accessory socket on the end of this to plug in other stuff whilst on the move.

I wouldn't drill the dash though... Not pretty, and potential to get water into the socket *eek*

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. First 3000 miles completed!