Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling Noger

Myles

Noger, glad to hear it - the prototype was in perspex, but this is nasty shattery stuff - so once I was happy with the design, I remade it in rather expensive 'Makrolon' polycarbonate...

Anyway, back on-topic, Noger...

...IR35 then - what did you end up doing (umbrella, or your own show???) Mail me offlist if you want.

Regds,

Myles

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Makrolon *confused* Sounds like Unobtainuim *smile*

IR35 - my own Ltd Co. And Insurance to back it up (I am with the PCG, but FO35 from Shout99 is also good) in case things get nasty.

I get all contracts properly review by my legal person, and fight like a dawg to get the changes I want. Agents always cave in !

Have set up as much "business" stuff as I can, plus I doing some IT development work with a mate in parrallel, so at least I try to look like a proper business. Plus when at a client site I gather as much evidence as possible that I am not a permie (photocopy my Contractor badge, make copies of emails etc).

Some umbrellas and other such schemes are looking increasing tricky as the new "tax avoidance" registration is introduced.

Are you thinking of becoming "one of us" ? *smile*

Noger - as a fellow contractor, I'll borrow your idea of photcopying badges etc! Actually, I think one whole section of my laptop case is full of the pesky things!

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad *wink*

619 GTD here

Not worth the hassle/cost of a Ltd Co if you are going to go permanant again soon. There is quite a lot to do, but it does get easier.

So might be better to find a decent umbrella (i.e. on that doesn't offer to convert your salary into a Molravian Plopy loan or something).

Send me an email if you need some help.

But that extremely fair Mr Umbogoo was telling me only yesterday that the Molvarian Plopy was about to go through the ceiling and major profits could be made

Have I wasted my money 🤔

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

Not worth the hassle/cost of a Ltd Co if you are going to go permanant again soon

There's the rub though...

...how likely is that?

Don't suppose you could drop me a mail offline with an idea of *how*much hassle and cost a ltd. co. is, could you (use the mail icon).

Thanks and regds,

Myles

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

That is Good ! You want the Plopies going up as much as possible !

This was (and maybe still is) a favourite of the city traders (and some contractors), they get a bonus paid in Molvanian plopies via way of loan. They then take out a Sterling / Plopy swap, getting some pounds to pay for pies. And at the end of the loan term the ploppies are worth 2p due to mega-inflation in Molvania, so the pay it off. Sorted.

Will mail you shortly Myles.