Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Facet Solid State fuel pumps

ian balson

Looks like my fuel pump is on the way out. I Took a look at it last night, and it looks like its been there since the car was built in 93, according to the date stamp on it.

What's the view regarding replacement? I've heard that some Facet models are not too reliable (not complaining about my particular one though !), does this just apply to the gold/silver top models?

Also, I'm running DCOE 45's on an unmodified engine, is the 4 to 5.5 psi model the correct one to go for?

Thanks

Ian (HPC150)

The Square Facet ones are ok the round silver/red tops are hopelessly unreliable.

Had 3 fail on two different cars. After only low milages.... all had prepump filters.

I am running the Webcon from James W and can report after ~2000 miles no problems.

The Webcon is much quieter than the Facets too. It is comparable in output to the Silver top (good for upto ~200 bhp) so top power boys still need something with more flow...

Mr Roger King has however seen a VX on a square pump that was happy suppling juice at 220 bhp on the RR if memory serves. I would worry about leaning out with those pumps and that power however.

Go for the Webcon one. Cheaper too!

Steve,

I'd be worried about leaning out, too - might fall out altogether and if you're only wearing pumps, who knows what injuries one might sustain to one's feet....

(Just to get back on thread, I've got a JW Webcon pump, too, after two silvertop failures. Goodness knows if it's still working though - it's 7,000 miles away.)

Pierson