Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What the h$ll was that noise was from the engine

moomin

☹️ I managed 5 aps of qualifying then turning into Paddock Hill the engine sounded really rough and the power dropped *arrowdown*. I took the conservative view - not that I was going to break any lap records with the power loss - and pulled into the pits from the back straight.

I got one of the Parker Racing chaps to lend a professional ear and his view was 'don't drive it'!

I agreed to let one of the other drivers, who was being supported by Macmillan Motorsport, use it for parts to fix his t-boned car. in return they took it up to Macmillan for me and are fitting all new bits to replace the rear suspension parts they took off at their expense!

They've yet to do the engine strip down, but have said it sounds like cranks rattling. Is that expensive? Not heard yet, but I guess so - Does the pope **** in the woods? Are bears orange? etc!

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad *wink*

619 GTD here

Geoff.

I got a 1400 sitting in the garage if you want a downgrade 😬 😬 😬

Seriously though, really sorry to hear bout the problems. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, other than financially *wink*

Dannyboy - *tongue*back in blat

FH and Dan - ta for the sympathy - I was more p*ssed about missing a 30 minutes long race round Brands Hatch than the engine - my qualifying time after just one clear flying lap was already getting into the zone, so it's particularly annoying! *thumbdown*

Still, it was surprisingly pleasant to watch the race - maybe the pint of Stella in my hand at the time contributed to that! *thumbup*

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here

Whatever it is, Andy Macmillan has promised the car back on 25 July! I'll be out on track at Brands for a trackday on 15 August! Huzzah!

Then Rockingham on 28 August with the Grads.

In between there will no doubt be more of Rossybee's favourite tipple - and the possible sale of a kidney to fund it all!

*thumbup*

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here