Click here if you are having website access problems ×

English axles

AMMO

A racer / mechanic friend told me he knows of two English axles for sale. 4.4 and 5. something (should have written it down!). Haven't seen them and don't know the condition. £150.00 each. Don't know if this is a good price or not.

If anybody interested I'll put you in touch.

AMMO

AMMO,

I suppose these have not been modified for abuse in a Seven?

If they have would I definately be interested in one of them - provided it can be sent at a reasonable cost...

I don't care about the ratio as it will have to be altered anyway.

/regin

Ammo,

With a view to enable future upgrade of the Zetec engine you're buliding for me, I'm interested!

My car has a four speed box and have no idea whether the axle ratios would be appropriate.

Can you advise?

YOu coudl always email me off-line if that's easier.

MikeK

Ammo,

I'M INTERESTED !!!!! esp. in the 5. something . . . regardless of whether it's modified to fit a seven or not . . . cash in wallet burning hole as I type . . . assuming of course it actually rotates without too much noise?

Bri

The axles belong to a friend of a friend. I have not seen them. Definately not modified for a Caterham. Apparently the price is due to the lack of availability of those particular ratios. If you want an axle to change the diff I'm sure you can get one cheaper.

RJ and Bricol

I am seeing my friend tomorrow and will get details and 'phone number of the guy with the axles.

Mike

Have no idea about diff gearing for four speed boxes. Maybe you should ask on Tech Talk.

AMMO