Click here if you are having website access problems ×

very bad shed news

Steve-B

Sorry Eric not sure I understand what you are getting at????

Jen & Fletch.

I'm so glad you are both ok (and you passenger Fletch) having just looked at those pics. I can understand how much energy was involved in the accident judging by the state of the wheels.

Hope you fix quick Fletch, and Barbarella II will soon be with us.

Regards to you both,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got a link to the Westy forum please?

Hugh phoned me and said there's a massive discussion on the roll bar topic sprouting from the link here 🤔

Thanks for all the wishes guys and grills, it now only hurts when i lay down, sit down or stand up.... Oh - and you mustn't make me laugh or sneeze or cough either *wink* and eating's difficult. Luckily i can drink alkyhole with these pain killers 😳

Double fracture of the sternum - pah! *tongue* Look what you did to our poor ikkle car *eek*

Not ☹️ just *mad*

Recovering from Bordeaux Blat crash (ouch) 😬

See Barbarella (she will fly again) here...

That decision is not up to me, but the insurance company.

As the only "recoverable" part of the car is probably the ECU (maybe) and a few bits and bobs from the cockpit, along with whatever spares are salveagable from inside the engine (if any) - i doubt if she will be rebuilt.

The chassis is bent in four different places, steering, axles, diff, gearbox all sent out of alignment, block cracked from sump throught to head, all five wheel sufferred impact damage, i wouldn't even give them away to anyone!

As she was less than a year old, hopefully insurance will pay for (most of) a new one - fingers crossed *thumbup* *thumbdown*

So therefore "Barbarella Montignac" (as she has been named) will hopefully be trundling along (with different wheels and an FIA bar) about 12 weeks after cheque arrives from insurers.

Recovering from Bordeaux Blat crash (ouch) Not ☹️ just *mad*

Ah, right. That makes more sense. Block cracked 🤔 *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek*

Best of luck with the insurance - I got 100% after being hit by a Jeep last year, even though I didn't have any witnesses. (Thanks MSM and their legal eagles.)

BTW I'm not very good at nautical stuff - is the sternum the sharp end or the blunt end of the boat *confused*

Ah'll get me coat...

Yep - Block cracked *eek*

If you look at the photo's - (link below) the one with 3 skid marks in it (07 - Skid marks from impact site) shows that after the drivers side wheel departed, the suspension folded under the car, which lifted the left front off the road *confused*

The "middle" skid mark was seemingly left by the sump 😳

fletch, give me an email...Mrs B has a friend down your way....seems i might be able to make a delivery sometime soon

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 Lighten up everybody....NOW

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

The crash was much scarier than I'd understood. I didn't realise that you ended up upside down, and being a complete passenger with the front off the ground can't have been fun. I think you are in one of the pictures (10) so I suppose that the broken sternum was one of those "****, that hurts, but I'll sort it out later" things.

I hope this will make you smile (but not laugh ☹️): I had a similar but much less serious incident many years ago in a Frog-eye Sprite. I was driving along minding my own business, going slowly fortunately as the engine was playing up. I came round a blind bend to find a car facing me, overtaking three cars *eek* We more or less avoided each other and his comment afterwards was "If you'd been driving a proper car and not a sports car I'd have seen you over the hedge." *confused*

As you can imagine I apologised profusely *wink*

Steve - YHM

Tony - I am writing a full account to be included in John Howe's "Bordeaux Blat" write up for LF. But until insurance is sorted out i don't wanna write too much detail on a public forum, in case i annoy someone, but if you wanna chat about it, email me (or Barry Sweeney) for my phone number.