Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Loton Park , Friday evening .............

Jason Plato

Steve - you wuss 😬 😬

Actually, Mrs N is making noises about coming with me this weekend, so I might not be doing the camping thing myself. I like the idea of a BBQ and a few beers on site, but probably won't know what i'm doing until the last minute - as usual.

Andy Nicholls

C7 AJN

Have spare tent if anyone wants it as I will probably sleep in the Van!!

Steve, you are a Wuss but then you didn't need us to tell you that 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬,

I think there are a couple of Hotels within 5 minutes, Cross Keys at Ford is the nearest pub etc

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

For those travelling from the south you should be aware there are new roadworks on the M6 this week so they now extend between JCN 5 & 9 which will be deep joy on a Friday evening, suggest you use the toll road over the top and get back to the M54 or travel earlier or later.

For those unsure of exactly how to get there, M6, M54, A5 Shrewsbury Bypass, A458 to Welshpool, through Ford, pass the X Keys on your right, take turning imediately afterwards, follow this road for approx 3 miles, venue on LH Side.

Note in the area we have been allocated you cannot park trailer or even Tow car with your Caterham so you will have to park in the trailer park or in the carparks up the hill, if there is enough of us camping sleeping over its better to find a level spot up the Hill

Graham

Competition Secretary

BB

Are you sure about the parking arrangements? Last year we had to leave the trailer in the trailer area (fair enough) but were able to keep the tow car with the Seven. If we can't put the tow car with the Seven, will there be space to put up the eezy-up? If the weather is anything like Harewood, we are going to need to shelter somewhere.

By the way, we will be travelling up on Friday and should be at Loton late afternoon to drop off the Seven - we are staying at a local farm B&B.

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Mr Kipper,

Graham is correct on the parking - the area is grass, relatively uneven and there is unlikely to be any room for cars alongside or behind the Caterham. The two areas we are on are normally quite tight. I groaned when I saw where we were located!

Last year when we were in the tarmac square section was unusual - there there was some space to put towcars behind some of the allocated spaces. The best idea is to park towcar/trailer combination somewhere sensible in the trailer park which is very close, failing that further up the hill in the main public car parking areas.

Brian

Kipper

Brian is right which I why I put the posting up, if you look at the plan we are on the grass we queued past last year, there will be space for easyups definately, I suggest in the 2 grass areas we have we may want to put all the gazebos/eaziups together to create 2 large shelter areas, forecast doesn't look too good 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary