Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Who did what at Harewood?

Richard Price

Peter,

I am pleased that the whole fiasco with the re-runs was sorted but I can help admitting I did like being inthe position of being first overall. I was initally upset at having to re-run as I had posted a respectible time and given that I one had one opportuinity after my off I was somewhat annoyed at having to re-run. However I am still pleased with fourth overall as I do compete just for fun although looking at the state of my car after hitting the tyre wall some may argue that point.

The fact that you assisted me with my car after my accident may me feel even more uncomfortable with the re-run so it all turned out for the greater good in the end.

I did not want to create any ill-feeling in the club especially as it was not of my making and I do enjoy all the 7 events and can be seen at most trackdays and speed events.

Tony Pickering

(Car now with new set of yellow wings I thought I would never need).

Hi Tony,

This is a great club and a great sprint/hillclimb series. If I worked anything out on my drive home it was that the club should *HONOUR THE TIMES RATIFIED BY THE MSA TIMEKEEPER* - at the time of my coming to that conclusion I believed that this meant that you had won and I had not.

The club and the competitors always give their best in a friendly but competitive spirit. The organisation of the event on the day was stretched by the weather conditions, but the timing equipment problems really should not happen. If the timing equipment had not recorded a second run time for you then the timekeepers would have had no choice but to validate your re-run time; I could not have done anything but accept the result.

It possibly doesn't help that at guest events we don't run in L7C class order, leading to greater risk of varying weather conditions affecting the result.

I hope the crash repairs go OK.

Peter

The organisation of the event on the day was stretched by the weather conditions, but the timing equipment problems really should not happen.

And the timing problems at Harewood seem to be a regular thing, at both this and the last meeting I was offered a rerun in practice because no time was recorded. AFAICT This is the only venue where this is a regular interference with the meeting. I think you can assume that pressure will be applied both formally and informally.

Paul

Bloody hell – I had no idea when I left the venue that all this had happened. Harewood is a great hillclimb venue, but they really do need to sort the timing equipment out. I’m pleased this situation was resolved amicably and in the spirit of sportsmanship between the parties affected.

Robmar and Peter C have written excellent descriptions of this event, getting across perfectly the “feel” of the weekend and the spirit of competition and camaraderie that exists in this club. I love the fact that it’s possible to mix having a bit of a lark at our events with a truly competitive atmosphere as soon as the lights go green. An edited version bringing both contributions together would make a good piece for LF.

Andy Nicholls

C7 AJN