Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oil Pressure with Apollo

Nifty

Resurrecting this again !!

Having now run my car with it's new Apollo tank I was expecting a 0.5 bar pressure drop..however, it appears to have dropped by 1.0 bar.

So it is now reading 1.0 bar at warm idle and 3.0 bar when moving.

Assuming these readings are accurate (which we all know is unlikely) is 1.0 bar dangerously low at idle...is 3 bar sufficient when moving on??

Also thinking about a oneway valve now...more bl%dy expense!!

Cheers,

Nifty.

P.S. Been doing a lot of searching so don't go and tell me to do this

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty

I get 4/5 bar cold at idle / up to 4K rpm

and 2 / 4 bar when warm (60 - 80C on the standard guage) at idle / up to 7.2K rpm

I'd expect you to be seeing more than 1 / 3. It may be worth trying another pressure sensor - I find I have to change mine on pretty much an annual basis (every 12 - 15 K miles)

Guy

NN 😳

Hi Nifty!

Our car has always had a low oil pressure when at idle and hot, with apollo. If I am sitting in traffic/stationary for a while I give the odd blip of the throttle to 'pump' it up a bit. I don't think it is that out of the ordinary.

'My First Race - SPA' pictures

here

60,000miles in 3years

Thanks for the answers...however, not quite answering my question.

What I really want to know is assuming the readings are correct and I am truly getting 1 and 3 bar respectively will these pressures be sufficient to avoid engine damage?

Sender unit is not that old and was reading 2/4 at the time of engine removal.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty, I was getting the exact same readings 1bar and 3bar, I changed the sender (about £25 fromCC) and my readings are now 2bar idle hot and 4bar hot on the go with an Apollo. 3bar is still giving you approx 45psi.

I would definitely change the sender first and then make a judgement.

Phil S7SVN

I am running my car (1.6 Supersport) with Apollo and Laminova. At startup oil pressure is around 4.5 bar cold. At between 60 and 70 degrees water temp (Normal temp with Radtec rad) pressure is down to around 3.5-3.75, at tickover it drops to about 2. At 80 degrees pressure is between 3.25 and 3.5 with around 1 bar at tickover. Haven't as yet tried changing sender to see if can get higher pressure when hot.

Colin