Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fouling Superlight R wheels!

Mike C

Having attempted to fit a set of Superlight R split rim wheels, I have discovered that they foul the rear anti roll bar link on my 1994 hpc.

Anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions how to overcome it, or should I just remove the thing?

Please help!!!!!

Cheers

Remove it in the short term.

Long term I think consencus of opionion is that having a softly set rear bar is a good thing so:

Mod the chassis rails to fit a SLR rear bar, rearward facing above the lower chassis tubes, under the diff. You'll need to weld or braze mounting tubes into the chassis tubes just behind the front mounting point of the A frame. Not done it but thought about it, doesn't look too hard.

Or get a bar from Juno, they made me an adjustable bar that fits to the two square plates under the tank, runs forwards below the de dion tube to the ear and clears the rims.

Mike

I had same problem on a 97 K-Series supersport. Part of the dedion tube was catching on the inside of each of the rear SLR wheel. When I fitted the wheels and lowered back on the floor you could not push it along as if the brakes where on. What I did was grind the offending part (which was called the De-Dion Ear i think!) back so there is about 3mm of clearance. Spoke to caterham cars and they said ok to do this. If you have the same problem it may just be best to ring the dartford technical people just to check.

Have fun

James