Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cache

Irrelevant

Site Manager: I've noticed something you may be interested in - the new icons are not accurate. i.e. when one goes to chitchat to read a new post from say MrA, and then go back to chitchat again, the first time it may indicate no new posts, chick chitchat again, and you'll get the new icon but with the same new post from MrA. I guess it's because you're using multiple webservers which are keeping track of their own state. Just a small thing, but I thought I'd relay it.

After a hi-vis (pocketted side) driver's door if anyone's got one? *thumbup*

Adam,

we're not using multiple servers, well, not for web serving anyway. The icon delivered depends upon the time of the last post to a thread compared with the "time you last visited". The "time you last visited" is stored in the session info (and a cookie) and is only updated when you refresh the blatchat home page.

I have seen threads shown as new/updated when they're patently not, which suggests that maybe the session info is getting screwed, but I've not looked into it, there's much more interesting stuff to do at the moment.