Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

How about a test of the different sprint cars for a Low Flying article ?

Jason Plato

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Tempting...... as the only 1700 cc BD.....currently on the club sprint list. At least you all would know YOUR cars will be driven slowly 😬 😳

Still the peddles are set up for me 6' 1" and no adjustable seat . If your cars have real seats and not just the good old bench backed seats I will not fit in anyway. ☹️

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Hi Arnie

Please stop losing weight your just passing it on to me 😬

Dave (Shirley)

Would you all like the BD to play 🤔 In reference to Peter Carmichael comment I can always bring a few cushions to put behind the back of the small of frame or rather preferred use the passenger seat instead 😬.

It would be a shame if one BD was not in the frame for a low flying article. Not that it needs to be mine so anyone else up for it 🤔.

However, currently can not say if I could attend on the Sunday 3rd October a few days of weekend working currently forecasted about then but no confirmed dates as yet.

If you like me to play what is the latest date that you need to know 🤔 Is this just a go for all the swap cars or others as well 🤔

Oh cost per season repairs one nose cone and a clutch... over 4 years upgrades are not related to sprinting just living a life.

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Bilbo ,

I have booked Llandow circuit for Sunday 3rd October @ £60 per head . This is a general open pit lane trackday for club members . As a part of that day I'm hoping to gather together 6 or 7 class leading sprint championsip cars and their drivers for the article .

Your welcome to come along on the trackday , but I would book sooner rather than later , I'm still awaiting news from a few championship leading drivers to see if they are able to attend - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE *wink* . Bilbo - I'll let you know nearer the date

*smile*

Dave

Ah well, you see Dave - I'm still pondering on October weather, a drive to Llandow, letting others drive my beloved etc (miserable barsteward eh?) - though I do have the cheque written out dated a week ago sitting on my desk! *smile*

Ken

Hi Dave

Err nothing like tempting fate *eek* *tongue* 😬

Yes I did realise that you wanted the top drivers or is that just the quickest *tongue* 😬

Still if its a engine based comparison as stated it would be nice to have one BD and I am not the only BD owner. I will know what I doing in a couple of weeks, if the track day places are all gone well ..... whatever ☹️

Edited by - Bilbo on 4 Aug 2004 19:26:05