Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

How about a test of the different sprint cars for a Low Flying article ?

Jason Plato

Just a thought , how about getting together maybe 6-8 class leading cars with different engines and tyres - class 1 Vx or x flow , K , tweeked x flow , R400 / 300 , modified K ( mine) , modded Vx , Bike , and then each driving the others car and providing an evaluation of the differences ?

This could make a good LF article and a good crac . Then the remaining day could be used for a test .

Anyone else up for this ??? - maybe we could hire Curborough on a weekday or I could possibly get Llandow on a weekend for £60 ?

Let me know , then I will select a good cross section . But remember you must be willing to let the others drive your car !( usual rules apply - no insurance - you bend it you mend it ! )

Please also step forward if you are a dab hand with a video and a stills camera .

*thumbup* *smile*

Lotus 7 Club Speed Champion 2003 *eek*

South Wales Area Organiser *smile*

C7 TOP *tongue*

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bl 😬 😬dy good idea.... *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*.......I think this would be a very interesting article for people to read. It would bring more attention to a very positive and enjoyable part of this wonderful car club we belong too.

obviously I wouldn't take part ....not being a class leading car..... 😳

Eexcellent idea, I'd be up for that but my car is (a) modded and that space is taken *wink*, and (b) I don't have a class leading car *tongue*. Might be good to get some strap-on timing gear for some standing start times as well as 64 feet times...just for comparison purposes, not a clutch destroying accelleration competition.

When I said class leading , I realy meant cars that are "on the pace " if you know what I mean *smile* *thumbup*

Please keep the names coming forward *cool*

Does anyone have a contact at Curborough to check availability of dates 🤔

Cheers

dave

C7 TOP *tongue*

• Area Representative

Subject to dates, I'd be up for this with my class 2 K series car.

I think bookings of Curborough are done through David Pattison (at least, it was a couple of years ago).

Dave, YHM regarding contact details.

If not driving, I'd be happy to take photo's (again, subject to date) See prrvious photos here

Wow , great response ........ *smile*

Yes I agree Mark that we should do this after September 11th in case of any mishaps *eek* , early enquiries are that curborough is booked up untill mid september and Llandow is available on a selection of mid week dates and a few weekends in sept .

Thanks to David , Richard and Nick for the offer of photos and video *thumbup*

Looking through the names listed so far I think we are lacking Class 4 & 6 plus a bike engine 🤔 , we could also do with some scales ..... Len & Gary ????

Come on roll up , this could be great fun and a good article *thumbup* , get and nag the missing classes guys !!!

Adam - I would hope that we wouldnt be trying to set record times , just simply trying the different cars at 7/10's level to get an understanding of the different attributes *thumbup* *smile*

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 24 Jun 2004 08:24:01

As long as nobody lets that Mark Durrant anywhere near my car (last time he was allowed near it he tried to ruin the aerodynamics by plastering it with grass)I would also be happy to volunteer my class 2 sort-of-competitive ageing xflow.

I tried modifying the aerodynamics myself at MIRA by removing the number plate and rear lights on some carelessly placed cones - but it didn't help.

Mike

The final point is a valid one .

I was going to get all the names and cars together and then try and get us all the same length *eek*

But at present class 4 and 6 are still a little shy *wink*

Fear not ................. my cunning plan *will* come together 😬 *thumbup* plenty of time yet , as this wont be happening untill after Sept 11th .

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*

Nice idea Dave but I'd be interested in seeing the support of BB and/or Tony Pashley first. My seat is fixed by the way so anybody who drives it must be 5ft 8in, athletically built, tanned, preferably female and provide a cash deposit for £26,000 *smile*

Ken