Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Video camera bracket wanted

russellm

As an alternative take a look at the G clamp mount in Jessops . Its only £12.99 . I've been using this all year and its fine . I use a few tie wraps to ensure it wont become detached from the roll bar . I use a bullet cam with this mount but I guess it can also be used with a complete camera .

I think Jessops have a website to view it . Try a Google search .

Dave

Lotus 7 Club Speed Champion 2003 *eek*

South Wales Area Organiser *smile*

C7 TOP *tongue*

Another alternative is to just clamp a bracket onto the roll bar with U-bolts - costs a matter of pence and will hold a camcorder (mine does anyway) as the Jessops type clamps may struggle with more than a bullet cam.

It's not totally straight forward, especially if you want it to pass scrutineering, so if this route is a goer, let me know and I will elaborate.

After a hi-vis (pocketted side) driver's door if anyone's got one? *thumbup*

• Support Team

Have a look at Angus&Tessa' website here for some info on the Manfrotto super clamp. I got mine from Karlu. The clamp costs £16.45+VAT, an adaptor is a few quid and a ball head can be had from about £10 (if you go for the Hama ones rather than Manfrotto - call Karlu for prices). This is pretty secure and will take the weight of a camcorder. I saw the one in Jessops for £12.95 and didn't think it would be secure with a camcorder - I have seen Dave's and didn't realise it was the same one.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

russellm: Here's some pickies of what I have done:

Two mounts on roll cage.

Mount for driver only.

Mount for when there's a passenger.

As you see, there are 2 mounts, one for use with the driver alone, and one for when there's a passenger - i.e. mounted higher in the center of the roll hoop.

They're made from ally and U-bolts, and as such, dirt cheap.

They've covered in velcro, as is the camera, so it stays in place well. Camcorder is bolted to the mount and is cable tied (secondary attachment) for scrutineering.

After a hi-vis (pocketted side) driver's door if anyone's got one? *thumbup*