Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K series Foam Baffle

Mick Day

After taking further advice I've had the sump baffle replaced. Gary at Freestyle says it's there to help prevent surge. Good job we had a look really as the ali windage plate had started to break-up. *confused* Foam was reasonably OK so another good reason for checking

Pelico, this is actually quite a straight forward job, even for a relitive novice like me *thumbup*. There was a post on here a week or so ago on how to do this which maybe worth a look before getting someone to do it for you. Go on, yet yourself covered in oil 😬

I did it a couple of weeks ago, using Myles website as my only guide...

It was pretty easy. Just take your time and think as your taking bolts in and out. You shouldn't have to force anything, apart from the sump plug which took a bit more effort to un-do...

I have seen a couple of engines do this. Usually if the nuts that hold the windage plate on have been doen up too tight, or work loose, the aluminium around the fixings is damaged and the nuts tend to break through. All sorts of things can happen then. The plate can flap about and knock bits off the sump gasket which then can block the pickup.

yet more arguments in favour of dry sumping.