Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2004 Speed Championship Awards

Silver 21

Yeah

I know that we've got a few rounds to go yet but heres one for the diary, the awards ceremony will be included as part of this years Caterham Festival at Brands Hatch over the weekend of the 9/10th October.

Probably early Saturday evening giving people the choice to stay on for the main Gala Dinner or do there own thing, hotels in the area are apparently getting booked up but we are looking at all venues close to Brands for accomodation.

We are looking for Class Winners to form a display outside of the 7 Club Grandstand/area.

More news as it becomes available *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

• 3 months later...

So, regarding the awards bash Graham and just thinking ahead to that weekend's arrangements. Are you anticipating that the class wineers should bring their cars down for a photographic line-up. It seems an awful long way to trailer (assuming I trailer) just for a photograph though I suppose more hardy Severners will be driving there to make a weekend of it.

Any thoughts/comments anybody?

Ken

I am happy to bring my car to Brands as this will be the shortest sprint related journey of the year *thumbup*. I think it would be good to have all class winners present although Mr Jackson might not have an engine in his car 😳 If your coming anyway how much longer will it take you....just use the driving style of a certain class 3 competitor and the answer will be very little *eek*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

I'm happy to bring to my car down but it will defintely be on the back of a trailer!! The longest I've ever driven the car continuoesly was when I was running it in, about 3 hours in a race seat if I remember right, and I could hardly walk after getting out!!

What time do you want the cars there Graham?

Charles Fitzhugh

Sorry guys been away working so limited access to BC!!!

I'm happy if people want to bring cars down to Brands for a photo shoot although I'm not sure where we are going to fit this in 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔.

Are all of the Class winners going to Llandow on Sunday 🤔 🤔, as this is the other option, we won't have the trophies by them but we would certainly have the space to do a nice shot (weather permitting)

(Just reread my original posting and I see that I suggested the line up of cars, sorry my fault must be losing my marbles, but its entirely up to you guys)

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events, 2005 Speed Championship - Watch this space *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 28 Sep 2004 09:43:44

Can we have a hands up from:

Brodie

Charles

Mark

Dave Mc

Ken

Dave J

As to whether they are ALL going to be at Brands with their cars, if all of them are not taking them it kind of defeats the object of the photo session, otherwise we do one with the winners round Brodies car.

I know for some people its a V long way so I'm not trying to force the issue, it would be great but not essential

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 12 Events andGrowing *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 2 Oct 2004 16:13:18

I'm still happy to bring the 7 down but unless we can all get together it seems sensible to just have the photo shoot around Brodie's car.

BB - I thought one of the original ideas was to have the cars on display in front of the L7Club stand to promote the Speed Championship, is this still the case or is it just for the photograph??

Charles

Charles

We don't have a stand as such, all we have is the Motovision Sport Complex (ex Foulston Centre) so I'm not entirely sure how this would work. I am writing an article for LF to promote the speed championship for next year including promoting the novice and ladies championship.

I agree that if we cannot get all the cars there we should get a group photo round brodies car

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 12 Events and Growing *cool*