Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Thanks to BB and the team - MIRA

Graham Perry

Thanks you to Graham and his willing band of helpers for making MIRA run as seamlessly as ever. Another good day and great value with 6 runs.

I went faster than I have ever done so before & if it hadn't been for a couple of minor tankslappers in the last run where I went fastest I would have done a 54. A great track.

Great day, thanks to all concerned

Echo the above thanks. Can't believe how quickly we got through the runs. We were lucky with the weather in the end as I thought the day might be over at lunchtime....but a dry track by 1.00 😬

MikeW

1600 VX Black/Ali Race No 110

• Area Representative

Graham P,

I'm sure that I would have done a 54 on my last run had I not drifted off on the last bend 😳 😬

Dosn't the saying go something like :-

"To finish first. First you need to finish" ☹️

I'm also sure that if we could string the best bits of our various runs together, we could set some good times!

I also echo the thanks of the first two posts, but I would have been happier to leave it at two timed runs, but just done the other runs for fun!

A definite *thumbup* to the team from me as well. Cracking day, really well organised, and the first time this year I have managed to go faster in my crossflow than last year in my Superlight. 😬

Congrats to all class winners ( and commiserations to Adrian who led class 3 all day only to have Dave M take it with a storming last run)

Steve

Yep, same as above, fantastically run day, virtually no hiccups and lots of runs in quick succession! Weather was pretty good for the most part as well. Whipped my best time last year, and got my first piece of silverware *thumbup* Esp. well done to those in class 1, some great competition!

Thanks to all involved

Matt

would have been happier to leave it at two timed runs, but just done the other runs for fun!

But the championship regulations state...

All class runs offered at each event will

count for Championship scoring. However

should a meeting be abandoned before

the completion of two class runs for all

Championship classes it will only count as

a qualifying round of the Championship

providing that all competitors have

completed one class run. In this instance

only the first class run would count for

Championship scoring purposes.

So the regs state that if four runs take place, four runs count in the championship.

• Leadership Team

Cracking day at a cracking venue.

Can't believe that it could possibly have been undersubscribed!

Thanks for all the hard work organising a great day.

Michael.

• Area Representative

Peter,

my comment about the number of runs was a little akin to your feeling about Dave J having more opportunity to improve on his earlier times, and so depose you one place.

I'm quite happy with the championship regulations, but yesterday it would have suited me to only have two runs and pick up a bigger plate 😬

I for one was happy to get more runs in to 'get my eye in'. But as a first time MIRA competitor I was unlikely to be in contention.

Excellent event - Thanks to all involved in the organisation. *thumbup*

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

Mrs A has requested not being on paddock duty next time we marshall - apparently some of you lot were hard to get in line *tongue*

Great day though, and despite a thorough soaking after lunch I still managed a spot of sunburn!

Many thanks also to Neil at MIRA for being so helpfull about the videoing, even ferrying me out to the far side of the Ss during the rain to get a good view (sorry David, got the spin in nice close-up!) I have done a rough edit this afternoon and it looks good - including the onboard shots from Brodie's car for his last/fastest run *eek*

Scream if you wanna go faster!

Caterham FireBlade NJA509

Mrs Kipper here.

Thanks to BB and everyone else for a really great day.

Congratulations to the winners and commiserations to those who lost out on the silverware due to the 4th run.

Mattj: Well done on winning your first trophy - a moment to treasure.

I was not a happy bunny when it started to rain, but I stayed drier than most whilst lining up thanks to Kipper and his brolly.

I do love the MIRA circuit, and, despite the hiccup with the weather, was able to better my last year's time by 3 seconds because of the extra runs. 😬

Thanks again to all

Mrs Kipper

Life is not a rehearsal.