Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Has anyone Painted Their Brake Calipers?

YellowSeven

The standard Cat calipers after a period of time go to look grotty, similar to all caliper I suppose. Has anyone ever taken them off cleaned them and power coated them? Thus giving a similar appearence to the upgraded 4 pot calipers available?

The paint surface not only looks better (what you can see of it) but will also be easier to clean?

Also if you have done or are considering doing what colour would you paint the calipers? Black?, Red?

I want to steer away from the 'boy racer' Saxo style but dont like the horriable zinc plated gold colour of the fronts that eventually go dirty & grotty!!

Comments, experience, thoughts welcome, good or bad!

Cheers

You don’t need to go to the extent of powder coating. Go down to you local accessory shop and buy a box of Folia Tec brake calliper paint. Its a 2 pack type and sets to a very high shine and rock hard. Impervious to brake fluid and comes in red yellow blue silver black gold and green.

I’ve used it on two cars and they both look like new after a couple of years. From memory it costs about £12

Highly recommended *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Grant

• Area Representative

I've done mine with the 2 pack system in red and they look OK. Much improved on the grotty state they were in previously.

Got mine from Europa - 01283 815609 - cost £19.50. Enough to do all 4 and then some.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Prepared mine with wire brush in drill, then sprayed with Hammerite satin black......perfect finish, resilient, costs £2 or so...great tip from Saxo Dazza's mates *thumbup* *tongue*. The bloke at the autospares place told me not to bother with the (expensive) twp pack stuff *smile*

Did the manky uprights as well, BTW

Paul

Edited by - Paul McKenzie on 20 Jun 2004 10:28:49