Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1800 xflows classes

robmar

I heard a rumour that next year 1800 xlfows will be in class 4 & 5 (dependent on tyres) *eek*

I think this is a great idea, as they clearly have the potential to have 30-40 hp more than the other cars in the class, so it is only fair that this change happens

anyone care to comment, confirm or deny 😬

rob *smile*

Somewhat surprised to hear theat 30-40hp is the difference. 20hp is more like it compared to the best 1800k's and part of that difference is made up by a poorer power to weight. Lets see what this season brings. Cross flows I suspect won't do so well as in previous years overall due to the 1800 K's being allowed in class 2 and K's generally getting faster and cross flows getting less common.

However, if that is what the club is to decide......................... and as Rob says who cares about 1800's anyway

*eek*

😬

Edited by - Graham Perry on 16 Jun 2004 18:30:11

Rob - I have loads of upgrade ideas, its only the money issue that stops me *mad*

Options include fitting Rob Grigsbys engine (if still available), putting a bike engine in current chassis, going back to a Superlight or maybe even an SLR.

All comes down to how the business goes over the next few months. I do know that I am desperate to get back to being competitive again next season however....

Steve

sorry - this was just supposed to be a wind up at Steve, as I had heard that Steve was thinking of buying rob grigsbys engine, and just wanted some funat steves expense 😬 unfotunatly steve didn't bite ☹️

rob *smile*

Sorry Steve

I was in on the wind up as well (and Graham Perry!!), I'll tell you what I'll let you beat me tomorrow 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬, or do you need Robs engine to do that 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

I wish I was sprinting tomorrow. It s real bummer not being able to drive (4 weeks now). The leg is healing slowly but i am still 2 months away from getting back in the seven ☹️. Good luck to you all tomorrow *thumbup*