Click here if you are having website access problems ×

16" Michelin Tyres

def843t

After 20 years of drooling, I have just bought my first "7", an 1800 X Flow De Dion. Wife leaving was the catalyst in the purchase. Why did she not go sooner.? It,s absolutely brilliant. Anyway, Im after 1 or 2 if possible 16" Michelin Pilot,s.

Hi,

Think again, use the search facility to look for other 'wheels and tyre' subjects and you will find that if you really want to experience and exploit the real capabilities of a 7 then it simply must be on 13 inch wheels - and this is the overwhelming view of the more experienced owners.

Read as much as you can, go to an area meeting, try other cars and you will really feel the difference.

And should you want to keep the 16"s, please don't bother with Pilots!

Treat the car to some decent rubber - Bridgestone S02/3s or some of the larger Yokos will give *much* better results...

13"s really are the way to go though, and tyres are shed loads cheaper (and better "models" are available) too...

Tazio and Andy,

Thanks for the advice, but having sold my mother to pay for the 7, I,m not to keen on shelling out another £600 on new set of wheels, when at the end of the day all require is 1 tyre. I,m still a novice in the 7 and have yet to find the limits of the pilots. Maybe next year.

Cheers brendan