Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sprint at Longcross test track(Chobham, Surrey)--11th July

christian.v

Sutton and Cheam Club are holding a sprint at the above track on the day after Loton.

Entry sec is Pam Guess on 01252 727390.

There is a class for 7s as roadgoing cars, but they must have a windscreen--no aeros and run 1a tyres-classes 7 and 8.

There is also one running as a modified production sports-class10-poss not aimed at caterhams.

And a class for others-class 12-most likely for all those that can't be ars*d to change screens, tyres etc.

It's a really good track--2.2 miles through a park type setting starting on a banked track section and using the famous 'snake' , so it's fast!

Yep it's a great course. It uses most of the MOD vehicle test track, so has just about every type of bend you can think of, including a the very twisty 'snake' and a section of banked track.

S&C run two sprint events a year there - April & June. The one in april was a bit damp (= horizontal rain and 3 inches of standing water at the end of the start straight), so you should be due some good weather for this one!

At the April round I got a 2nd place and a really cool picture of the 7 going through a water splash.

I'd be there to defend my soggy position, but it clashes with a grads race ☹️. And I'm not sure I'd do so well in the dry! *tongue*

R

PS:

www.scmc.co.uk for S&C motor club - the entry forms usually turn up on line a few weeks after they go out by post.

http://www.rallygallery.com/image_bank_event_chieftan_sprint2004.htm and

http://www.rallygallery.com/whole_events/chieftain_sprint2004/chieftain04_44_img_4045.jpg

for pics of the April event in case you don't believe me about the weather! 😳

R

Edited by - RichardO on 16 Jun 2004 09:29:45

I have Silverstone GP tickets so can't go, but have been to the last three events at this track, and it is certainly the most challenging sprint course I have been too.

Highly recommended and laways well organised. Have a pic of my car in the snake last year with front wheels off the ground going over the hill.

Jonathan