Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harewood July 3/4

dalec

If you have read my article in Low Flying on driving Harewood ..... please go left at Country Corner, not right as I wrote, otherwise you will scare the marshals just a bit!

Hope article proves useful to new visitors.

P7DHC *wink*

Dale

Very informative, if not a bit scary *eek*. The gap between the farm buildings doesn't look that wide and it's a choice of wall on one side and armco on the other 😳

Depsite all that, looking forward very much to the whole weekend, especially as we will be supporting the big boys of the National Hill Climb Championship. We can kid ourselves that the paying public will have come to see us, not the them 😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

The run through the farmhouse is actually fun rather than scary - it's very narrow but the approach is 'easy' 'cos the previous corner is so slow (could be more interesting in the wet though). Good correction from Dale - the approach to Country is completely blind. Cor, brings back memories, I haven't been to Harewood for years ☹️

Dale - I see the Dave's old class record's taken a hammering this year!

Mike

was the first article I read *thumbup*

I now realise that it must have been a long time ago that I last went to harewood (to spectate) as there seems to be a lot more corners at the bottom than I seem to remember *confused*

see you there

rob *smile*

Yep. Old corse started after Chippy's and was done around 1992 as Paul recalls.

The noise through Farmhouse seems to make it seem faster (we do around 80 mph through there). But I have seen a 7 hit both the Barn wall and then the Farmhouse after getting it wrong in the wet out of Orchard, ouch!

The big boys will put on a show and don't be suprised to see Adam Fleetwood taking the record under 50 secs. He should be doing over 125 mph in to Quarry.

Our record in class 4 stood for 4 years at 64.19 sec and I couldn't beat it - did a 64.32 sec best. But this year in April on the new surface Bob Bellerby dropped it to 63.60 sec and I can't get near him - last yaer beat him every event! How fortunes change.

See you all at Harewood or at MIRA.

P7DHC *wink*

He should be doing over 125 mph in to Quarry.

The speed trap on the way into Quarry is positioned in most people's lift off zone. Back in May the best our car recorded was 123 on the logger but this was before the speed trap which was displaying more like 110-115. We'll try harder in July.... The key to a good public speed display is not lifting off rather than getting a good exit from Quarry. Possibly the latter is more important?

If the Harewood timing system is working then you get several split times, which you can compare with your classmates. This helps with working out where to try harder, and more importantly where not to...

Paul