Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Driving is just getting too stressful

simonbell

As far as driving goes this has been a **** week!

I started the week with a call from the POlice after they had recieved a compliant about me overtaking someone.....I hasten to add the overtaking manouevre in question was neither dangerour, nor did I break the speed limit. Anyway That I could deal with as it was all handled in a firendly manner.....

This evening *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

Driving along the road towards the village at a comfortable 60mph, I come across another car tootling along at 40. I slow down and follow it through the twisties until we come to a straight with a slight downhill. I accelerate and overtake......the car I`m overtaking accelerates but I`m still OK.......

A car is now coming towards us but there`s plenty of room and I`m passed and back on the left side of the road well before car coming the other way passes. The car I`m overtaking starts flashing lights and I get a friendly (not) hand gesture from the car coming towards us.......what are these people on?????

Anyway off I go maintaining 60mph, pull out a good 300m before braking for the 30mph zone, somehting which obviously doesn`t apply to the car I overtook as it is now sitting 5m from my bumper.

I indicate to turn into my drive, slow down and the bloody idiot nearly piles into the back of me as well...........

Agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Somedays I seriously consider giving up driving

*thumbdown* *thumbdown*

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

What on earth could the police say?!

I didn't realise that the police offered this service -- I'll complain to them next time someone tail-gates me, and hope that they give the offender a good talking to, should I?

What was said to them?!

My ... Preciousss!

Member #109**

The driver went into the police station, with my car details and complained that I had caused him to slow down abruptly when I overtook him. Granted I did go into the gap between him and the next car but if he was so concerned then maybe a larger gap should have been left *confused*

The police were OK actually and asked for my side of the story after telling me that no further action would be taken anyway.......like how could they take any further action even if I had been careless or wreckless.......unless the guy had a video camera. He obviously had enough time to get my details down!

I was surprised at the police following it up.............the number of occasions I`ve thought about it when someone was being wreckless and then thought waht`s the point........one springs to mind.....two wide boys in a Sccoby and an M3 zigzagging through 5 lanes of rush hour traffic on the way out of Belfast at what must have been close to 100mph!!!!....blatantly dangerous.

So on the roads where we don`t have cameras we`ve now got an army of cantankerous old gits (young gits as well) who are out to wage war with the motorist *mad*

on the way back from skye i overtook a scooby from the middle of a long queue of traffic. he had a BIG gap in front behind the rest of the queue all doing about 40.

As I pulled in after completing the overtake I noticed that there wasn't much gap left. Em starter swearing at him and I realised that he'd nailed it as he'd seen me go past.

Nevermind, just a sleeping scooby with an attitude problem but all ended ok.

then it went to double lines, a corner, and he pulled out and overtook all 6 cars in front of him all the way round the blind bend to the front of the queue *mad*

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

oh yes, i got pulled by a policeman a couple of weekends ago as well.

30 limit, up the hill, bend, roundabout where i did a 180, over the brow and a policecar is in the middle of the road doing 40 overtaking the other way, blue lights NOT on. I moved out the way and carried on.

Then I saw the policecar following me with his lights on. Pulled into the scrapyard (where I was going) and asked if I could help...

Please sit in the car 🤔

who are you 🤔

what are you doing 🤔

where do you live 🤔

where's your licence 🤔

where's your insurance 🤔

Is this your car 🤔

Could I ask what this is about please officer 🤔

You were gonig to fast on the roundabout

OK, you can go now.

Discussing it with Dan B (who is a lawyer as we know and was in the car with me) he was CONVINCED I'd been pulled so if I complained about his dodgy overtake his sergeant wouldn't believe me as he'd think i was just trying to get back for being pulled...

*mad* *mad* *confused* *confused*

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

I`ve just about calmed down....wine usually does the trick 😬

I really need a se7en......to get out on the track and release some of this aggression towards numpty drivers *smile*

Steve

I am picking up a car from Birkin on Thursday 7th July. I need a couple of hours to sort some things out, ie fit Autocom etc then I have to meet up with Dusty and Tim. I may have a few hours free late afternoon / early evening.

I`ll also be free as discussed on the way back, Sunday 18th!!

I`m so looking forward to this trip to France *smile*

Steve

Which Monday?

We are leaving the car back to Birkin on Monday 19th. We were going to stay either at Jo`s parents in Northampton on the Sunday or at friends in Hertfordshire which would be better as it is only round the corner from Birkin.

We actually fly back to NI some time on Tuesday I think

No this week sees the start of the June travelling marathon!!!!!

I`m in Glasgow Monday, Newcastle Thursday, Glasgow the following Monday and Tuesday, Glasgow the following Monday and Tuesday, Barcelona Wednesday to Saturday, Glasgow Monday Tuesday, England Wednesday Thursday, then France for about two weeks!!!!!!

If anyone in Glasgow fancies a beer some night give me a shout!

I haven`t heard anything, I meant to ask you to check he got my email alright.

Let me know if there are any problems