Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The Lyrical Eighties

Big Brother

Pat - do you still have the scars after you realised the neck pinch only works on Star Trek 🤔

My mum told me off when I got into my first fight at school. My Dad - bless him - took me aside and basically said that if someone hit me I was to ignore my mother's advice and wallop them back.

Being the smallest in the class and so often picked on meant I adopted a berker type style on the few occaisons that I got into a playground scrap - resulting in the dinner lady once holding me under my arms with me shouting let me at im, let me at im while desperately waving my limbs around. Fortunately I survived the early years to realise that fighting wasn't a good idea.

*cool*

Actually, my neck pinch was not your standard Vulcan pinch. It took place face-to-face rather than over the shoulder, and involved reaching under the opponent's chin and pinching the really soft fleshy bit of the neck (you know the bit) really hard. A slight problem developed because of the fact that my opponent (known affectionately as Spider) was the same height as me (although we were both the shortest by a long way), so he just reached out and pinched my neck back. We then stood locked in a kind of Mexican stand-off until the teacher arrived *wink*

I've only ever had one other physical fight, when my sister and I (I know I know 😳) managed to throw one another down the stairs - how we avoided broken limbs I'll never know.

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat