Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tin Top 'Runaround' - Seat Ibiza

Ben Long

As my Nan can sadly no longer drive I am having her car and am therefore selling my trusty, reliable tin top, which serves as a very nice little runaround when I'm not driving the R300 *thumbup*

It is in good condition, and used to be my Grandad's.

This is a great car for anyone looking for a cheap, reliable runaround / first time car / wet weather car. As follows: -

Seat Ibiza Crono (System Porsche *tongue*)

1989 'F' Reg'd

5 Speed

Metallic Black/Ash

Approximately 50,000 miles from new

Very reliable

10 Months Tax

MOT Until November (with every confidence that it will pass next MOT with flying colours)

£195

Contact Ben on: -

07769 68 58 58

ben.long@vodafone.net

Ben, is it the model with the quality 'stalkless' indicators and if I remember rightly it's one of the first cars to have a single wiper blade? Pretty revolutionary stuff back in 1989.

My mate used to have one of these, he had a special talent for breaking cars and somehow managed to make it leak, lose the wiper blade on the M1 and only be able to tune the radio to one station - atlantic 252 I think. We wondered whether it was the Seat but then he got an XR2 which are normally pretty sturdy and he managed to do similar to that too...

Unfortunately I don't need a car (though I am quite tempted for the nostalgia factor) and the missus is quite happy with her Renault Clio but from what I remember these are great little cars (I remember being passed at 115mph on the M5 by my mate's) and well worth £195 of anyone's money.

Andrew

PS. His car had 'System Porsche' down the doors - I had another mate who made signs for a living and one night we replaced these stickers with very similar ones saying 'System Flymo'. He wasn't amused... 😬

Andrew,

Indeed, single wiper and stalkless indicator switches are 'revolutionary' features of this fine car, and if lifting the bonnet on a 7 is not enough to get passers by dribbling, then exposing 'System Porsche' on the rocker cover of the Seat will have them salivating like a river 😬

Thanks for the comments. I have priced it to sell. I'm off to Le Mans on Tuesday, so any interested parties should get in quick *thumbup*

Feel free to call or email.