Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Moving the Pedal Box

Sue Dinnim

I am sure there have been various posts about this already but here goes again.

I don't need to know how to do it as I am sure that the destructions are in the user manual but how easy is it to move the pedals. I reckon it needs doing this weekend as I think (read hope) that I am losing a bit of weight which means I am sitting slightly further back in the seat. Having an inside leg about the same as a coffee table this means that the pedals are slightly harder to reach so I hope I can move them nearer.

Easy, remove the pedal box, then it's obvious how the pivot pins securing the pedals work. If there is an R clip securing the pivot pin THROW IT AWAY and replace it with a decent split pin which won't break, then adjust the pedal position to fit. Bend the throttle arm to match, depending on taste. Check the clutch pedal isn't chewing the cable up, make sure the brake light switch still works when you push the pedal, then once you are happy with the fit put the lid on.

• Support Team

As BOSS says but please note if you move them to the position nearest the driver then things to watch are:

1. You may find that the brake needs some careful adjustment - check this carefully as I had the brakes rubbing the first time I adjusted mine. It's fiddly due to the shape of the end of the pedal that pushes the master cylinder piston

2. The pedals will sit higher from the floor than in the middle position which may take some getting used to - I have to lift my foot a little to hit the brake pedal squarely.

3. You will have to adjust the throttle - this is easily done with the locknut adjusters

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

If you really want to move the pedal box, contact Alan Davis of Blaker's (01403 710333) at Dial Post, they are Dogs Whatsit of user friendly welding/machine shops.

More to the point, he is not only on your door-step but has done it before... However, if you only want to move the pedals, then see earlier posts!

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Edited by - John Howe on 31 May 2004 19:51:40