Click here if you are having website access problems ×

unwell car

my car is unwell - the head ghasket went again on tour. Well I think it went when the rad split shortly before the tour.

So its gone to Ireland with Johnty to get the gasket replaced but more importantly to get the liners upgraded to Scholar Evo 2 pressed in liners.

Also a load of the niggles (ranging from minor to very annoying) will be fixed as well. So I'll have a fully properly working dry sump, happy, stronger engine, better rad and the little things sorted as well

so really its a *smile*

I haven't a house with a garage here yet and I suspect it will be long after the car is back before I do - so not any big loss.

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

Hoopy...fixing the car is always a good excuse to spend a few pennies on upgrades at the same time *wink*

Hope you're not without the 7 for too long....having failed miserably to re-build my car over the winter I'm now missing it loads...in fact I'm off to the garage to put a few more bits back on *smile* *thumbup*

The name's Puff, Powder Puff

N7XTC

Why are you sending it to NI to get the scholar work? They are in England Somewhere *confused*

You mean you have fiddled with the car ande its broke now?

You need not fiddle after the chief fettler has fettled for you...

Your dad called me yesterday. We had a good chat *thumbup*

i don't have a garage to do the work in - this means it needs to be done somewhere else.

I HATE going to do work on the car in someone elses garage where there's a time limit so you HAVE to finish it that day.

I trust Johnty and would recommend him over ANY garage.

the car broke as the race rad is meant to be soli mounted to the chassis, so it breaks when the chassis flexes. I think I have a liner thats not quite the right height so the gasket blew when it got a bit hot.

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

It`s going to reside in my garage while jj removes the engine and strips it down........

We`ll also have a go at fixing some of the other bits an bobs and then refit the engine when all the bits come back.

Hopefully we should get all that done before my new chassis arrives *smile*

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

*mad* hoopy it's about time you just gave the car to someone to get right

ever since you, emma, mary and i were on the ferry in 2003 coming back from LtL i've been thinking of the number of times that you've fought with fettling the car. and the HUGE *eek* list you were drawing up on the boat. it's not characteristic of a se7en for all this stuff you unfortunately keep enduring

i'm not jumping your case mate, but you need your car back to a "normal/reference level" before going forward.

*idea*i'm sure jj will make things right as rain, to quote the Oracle 😬

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

it's not characteristic of a se7en for all this stuff you unfortunately keep enduring
It's all too characteristic of mine *mad* In 12 months:

Attacked by a Jeep, finally resulting in new de Dion. Missed Le Mans.

Starter removed at least 15 times

Rear brake pipes being belted to within a mm of their life *eek* (see James Whiting's black museum)

Engine stopped for no apparent reason. Cam timing 60deg out. Valves trashed.

Replaced engine with 1800. Won't run properly, on occasion not at all. Won't start.

And that's just the highlights Seriously thinking about selling it

and buying a *idea*new *idea* one 😬

Hoopy...fixing the car is always a good excuse to spend a few pennies on upgrades at the same time

Or simply on tidying it up... *wink* *tongue* There were some comments (modesty does not permit me to mention from whom) along the lines that since it was only, what, two years from a complete rebuild, it was looking just a bit on the badgered side...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com