Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Earthing ECU

LancasterBob

Assuming it is the same logic as a 1600, then you just add the plug but I would be amazed if there wasn't an earth wire in that bundle of cables and certainly the Emerald manual refers to linking the Crank sensor wires "shield" to the ECU earth.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

There should be a seperate earth wire(black) coming out of the loom close to the ECU, you can earth this to one on the pillar mountings for the ECU itself. FWIW that's the setup on my 1.6k which used to have a Mems I've now changed to an Emerald although this is earthed in exactly the same way.

Phil S7 SVN

... after a quick scan of the Emerald manual - the pin layout is common to mems.

Earth pin 29 is ECU earth, pin 30 is sensor earth (common earth), pin 32 main trigger sensor earth (pin 18 is you have oxygen sensor).

Pins are number, as viewed from the rear of the box, reading left to right: top line 25-36, middle line 24 -13, bottom line 1 -12

Prefered main ECU earth should be to battery

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Many thanks guys; there are multiple earths coming from the ECU which will go to main chassis earth (custom loom). The wiring dept (my dad) also needs to know if the casing needs an RF earth (something about a braided strap?!) from the casing to ground?

All makes very little sense to me, and I've certainly never seen one on a seven.

Thanks again for your help, all makes the day she finally moves that little bit closer!

Rob

Fishy 1400 Supersport, 75% complete