Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Head Skim

mahatma

Andy look in your local Yellow pages. I'm sure you will find a work shop just around the corner the carries out this short of work. It is not expensive and you can often get it done whilst you finish the rest of your shopping - sorry can't help with a name, wrong county.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Edited by - John Howe on 22 May 2004 09:22:12

• Area Representative

I'm sure you'll find somewhere close to home.

I've got a choice of at least 4 places within 2-3 miles.

As John said, look in the yellow pages.

Edited by - Richard Price on 22 May 2004 14:37:37

Thanks guys, there are loads of places around, but after getting a new VHPD head and have DVA work on it, I wasn't keen to let any old monkey throw it around a machine shop.

Anyway, I found a great place just over the border in North Wales. 😬

Now I've just got to get the damn thing running again !

Andy

Edited by - mahatma on 22 May 2004 16:29:33

Andy

I used CMA Chester Ltd Factory Road Sandycroft Deeside Flintshire 01244 539500. They were recommended by Rover Chester ( Is that brave?? *eek*). Skim and pressure check £50 plus VAT, same afternoon service. Seemed ok and efficient. Whether i would trust a VHPD with them is a different matter

malcolm

The head is virgin, most VHPD heads as supplied attached to engines have already been skimmed, in addition quite a lot of material has been removed from the combustion chambers to get rid of valve insert recession thus increasing the chamber capacity. By my reckoning it will need between 10 and 15 thou removing with his pistons.

oily

I had 5thou taken off and measured the volume of the head at 31.5cc ... I reckon this gives me a CR of 11.6:1

Took it out for a blast last night, it's a bit smokey ... but it goes well. I'm hoping that the smokiness is due to residual oil and the rings bedding in (probably being a bit optimistic !).

Andy