Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Suggestions for next 10 days

Steve-B

i've booked off work monday -> friday next week, so coupled with two weekends with one being a bank holiday, i've got 10 days off.

now Mrs. B finds it "odd" that i've booked off with no plans.

so give us some ideas, you know you want to *wink*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

I'd second Tam's idea. Go to the Isle of Skye, drink Talisker and Skye Brewery products and blat around this magnificent part of the country. Eat at the Two Chimneys restaurant (and at The Crannog in Fort William on the way).

Oooooh yes.

Failing that, sit in the garden and drink beer.

You know you want to Steve... you've seen my pictures from my grand tour of scotland... you could have 10 days of blatting bliss. Though I can't promise the amazing sunny weather I had.

Just watch out for silver Astra's. There is one on Skye that I could NOT keep up with. Local knowledge and better handling of bumpy roads.... I gave up at 110km/h (km honest).

Watch out for the haggis though. They are the Scottish equivalent of the beer monkey and pour whisky down your throat and turn all your nice pretty English £20 notes into horrible yucky scottish £1 notes and a raging hang-over... 😬 😬 😬

Or just sit in the garden and drink cider.

Well, it looks like you're off to Scotland then old chap *biggrin*

I've got some absolutely cracking day routes from a recent trip *thumbup* We were based in Dunkeld and pounded the tarmac in all directions 😳 As well as Skye, don't forget to visit Dufftown. Superb whisky shop just behind the clock tower and down the hill a bit there's a great restaurant for lunch *tongue* *tongue*

Mail me if you would like details of the routes *biggrin*

FH *cool*

If uprooting yourself to Scotland is too disruptive, how about a day trip to Aldeburgh and Southwold? Lots of nice bendy route through Herts, Essex, Cambs and East Anglia and lunch at the Adnams pub overlooking the sea (had a lovely dish of fresh grilled sprats there once...mmm), or, if the budget is more generous at the posh hotel Adnams own in the town (memory's a blank).

Call in at Snape Maltings for a mooch about the art gallery.

Blast home via Cambridge and maybe stop for dinner somewhere nice (though someone recently told me that Angeline's closed a long time ago...o mores, o tempora....).

Don't even need to use the M25 and there's some appeal for Mrs Blair.

*tongue*OK i get it, drink my self into a coma for 10 days.... *tongue*

so what do i do with the pressure washer, and motion lights 🤔

come on you shedders, give me some fun ideas go and where to what

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

Edited by - Steve-B on 21 May 2004 18:24:02