Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Headlamps NOW in production

Harry Flatters

Let's try again!

OK this is for real *thumbup*. You will have seen a few threads on this subject recently - now we are live. I am acting on behalf of 'Henk' and am now in a position to put some meat on the bones, as it were.

There will be a limited run of 10 sets of 5.75" pre-preg carbon headlamp shells and bezel rings. In order to complete these, you will need a set of donor lamps for the mounting assembly and glass lenses from either James Whiting, Vehicle Wiring Products or Staffordshire Vehicle Components. The lenses will need to be silicone bonded to the front bezel (suitably cleaned and keyed to remove carbon releasing agent) because it was not possible to build the bezels with a 'return' to hold the standard spring clips.

The cost for a pair of shells and rings is £190 including postage and packing. Production is slated to turn out 3 sets per week, therefore the run should be complete in a little under a month. A longer production run may be possible but DO NOT rely on it.

A sample pair of lamps will be available for viewing at the Surrey area meeting on Thursday.

As far as ordering is concerned, by all means register your interest here but I will only reserve a pair of lights on receipt of a e-mail to s t e v e @ p t m p u b l i s h e r s . c o m (remove spaces) confirming your irrevocable intent to purchase. I will then require a cheque made payable to Stephen Mell for £190 and sent to:

'Carbon Lamps'

c/o PTM Publishers Limited

282 High Street

Sutton

Surrey. SM1 1PQ.

The lights will be despatched in the order that I receive the cheques. Sorry to be so pedantic on this but with a limited production it is the fairest way to go.

Just to whet your appetite there are pictures here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell of Su77on Se7ens and Surrey Joint AO

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 20 May 2004 08:35:24

On the original thread, the following people expressed interest in 5.75" C/F Headlamps:

beagle

SpeedyEd

normalbloke.29

Count

David Ward

Biffo

Racingshoe

Robmar

Bacon Butty

Seaforth

Richard E

Scuffnut

aldridgen

Davey Bee

Eccentric_Rich

yankeedoodoo

JOHN L

John Gaines

ruff seven

Lost interest?

Steve, well done, swift sale on very nice headlamp bowls.

Look forward to delivery, not critical on mine as I have more than enough to do elsewhere, so please feel free to re-prioritise delivery of mine

Regards

Anthony

Raceco can on and it looks stunning

Saw these last night WOW they are superb, if you get the chance to get one in the future take it! I did!

Steve as agreed althose who have purchased these will be contacted by WillSheFindOut!!!!

Nemesis

The number 1 Curmudgeon

Click here keeper of secrets!