Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anyone tried A021's

Sue Dinnim

• Leadership Team

You'll have no shortage of people who've tried 21s 😬 Excellent tyre, good all weather grip. I've run 21Rs for 5 years, switched to 32Rs 12 months ago. 32s are much better grip in the dry or damp, but aren't partial to standing water *eek*, ie. real wet weather. For general 7 driving though it's not really an issue so not as bad as some people may suggest.

Stu.

I've had A021rs for the last couple of years (although have now upgraded to A048rs). They are a brilliant road tyre (in my opinion the best road tyre), but do tend to melt a bit on track.

A048rs are the way forward though. *thumbup*

One car - 1400 Supersport with 6 gears and clamshell wings. *smile*

On this advice I'll probably be going with 21's as I've still got the standard Avon CR322's on my new car, as it surely did show on my squeal around Heyford a few weeks back! 😬

Does anyone know roughly by how much the ride height will be reduced with the lower profile, or is there an optimum dimension that Seveners prefer? 50/55/60? I'll probably fit 185's all round, maybe 175's to the front.

RW04FUN

689 miles only

Rich Watson, the cheapest 21s you can get are 185/70/13s so, assuming you have the same Avons as I used to, you shouldn't see any drop in ride height.

IMHO those avons are downright dangerous on a 7, they're so hard there's absolutely no warning that they're going to let go. You will be overjoyed at the difference you get switching to the AO21Rs - nice progressive, controllable slide.

As usual, George Polley Motorsport are the place to go for Yokos...

Mr B.

The tyres will not in themselves kill your live axle, on the track they will generate enough grip to cause oil surge in the axle which will kill it unless you overfill it/baffle or oil seal it. Road use, no problems.

anyone know the relative life expectancy of the various Yokos:

021 vs 032 vs 048s?

I've heard you should only expect about 2-3000 miles out of a set of 032s. Obviously it depends on how much track vs road use you do.

I don't care too much about out right grip, but I want a tyre that will be very progressive and is cheap and lasts a reasonable amount of time... I think this means the 021. Though will they die very quickly on track due to over-heating?

• Support Team

Neil - they will die pretty quickly on a dry track. Not so much of a problem at Anglesey *wink*. I've killed 2 sets of A021's in 2 years and about 10,000 miles (including 5 track days). A hot day at Llandow certainly took it's toll on one set. I've now switched to A048R's but they're fresh on so no appreciable wear yet (Cadwell was wet so didn't wear them much).

Yellow SL *cool* #32