Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham upto £17,000

MartinB

Having sold my Supersport last year due to the expectant arrival of my son, I now find I miss Caterham ownership badly, even more so as I have a living breathing alarm clock that seems to want to wake me up at perfect blat times most days.

I have got a car in mind but wanted to do one last sweep before handing over the cash.

A SLR would be favourite but lack of funds might not stretch although a few have gone this low. BEC's also considered, other than that the newest and best spec'd I can get. 5 or 6 speed ok, but not keen on those clam shell things or British Racing Green even with a Yellow stripe.

My last car had an iterchangeable aero screen so not fussed if car does not have a windscreen.

Based near Weybridge, Surrey but prepared to travel for the right car.

Email or call me on 07950 338959

You may want to consider an ex-race car. You get loads more for your money. Granted it would have been driven hard, but havent all 7's!

And even though they will have been driven hard they would have been maintained with a 'no expensise spared' attitude and most would have had a rebuild/refresh anyway.

Mr B had a nice one offered in the 'For Sale' section

I have ex race car for sale, competed in JCC

The car is a 97R roadsport chassis that has been modified to superlight+ specification.

Car has widetrack suspension and modified rear de-dion to take the larger mag wheels.

Engine is a PTP Evolution engine producing 210 bhp at the wheels, we have also installed the same remote oil tank system as used on the caterham factory 24 hour car.

Engine is coupled to a Quaife 6 speed sequential gear box (standard caterham race box ratios) and a 4:1 differential.

Other items include :

55 litre ATL bag tank

Full stack data logging dash system

2 x tillet seat with harnesses

1 set of mags with ACB10

1 set of mags with CR500

1 set of wheels with turbo speed wets

all other superlight spec upgrades (brakes etc.)

We resprayed the car and gave it a full rebuild (engine topped and tailed) before the race in pembrey last year and has only done the test day, qualifying and race since then.

Car is incrediably quick running 3rd behind the Ince / Kinsella and Anley / Armitage R500's in its last race.

Would be looking for something around £16,500 mark. If interested please email at scottkilbourne@trinitymotors.co.uk or call on (01455) 622352

Hi,

I have a 2001 K series De Dion Supersport (138bhp) for sale. Car is bright red with black nose and wings, wide track, Stack dash, Leather seats, Apollo tank, front and rear anti roll bars, plumbed in fire extinguisher, pretty much mint.

It is up on E bay at the moment, www.ebay.co.uk and search for Caterham 7 in the car section. Call me if you want to take a look, I am in Crowborough East Sussex, you can get a fabulous car and have a few grand change.

stunning original SL with all the latest bits, road spec/used car with 21k on the clock and full carbon pack, latest R400 wheels, tillets etc - may be available in a few weeks. email ms81@cant.ac.uk for details.

CAR NOW FOUND

Thanks to everyone who contacted me ref their cars.

(Head down in shame) I bought a S2 Elise this morning, not what I was looking for but I got a good deal and it will do for the summer.

SPECIAL THANKS TO SCOTT your ex racer is awsome and I am already regretting going for the Elise, who ever buys it is in for a lot of very fast fun.