Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Brooklands Aeroscreens

Graham Jung

Has anyone got a set of these fitted to their seven - I've got them sitting on the bench and just want to make sure I've worked out exactly how the screens fit to the chromed support before I start drilling holes. Do the feet go in the middle of the support? Do the screens fold flat forward or back? Photos much appreciated

Graham

1st thing to make sure is that you have the right pattern ali stanchion; if you're keeping the wiper mechanism in situ then you want the right ones to clear the mechanism.

Secondly decide whether to bolt the screens just to the ali or through the scuttle as well. I've fixed mine to the ali only & the whole assembly seems rigid enough.

Thirdly the screens fold backwards so the feet need to be towards the back of the ali. There should be some centre punch marks which determine the inboard end of the feet.

Forthly I fixed mine by bolting from underneath the ali (you need to countersink the bolt heads). You can also fix your mirrors this way. It seems that aeros create less turbulance than later Superlight type sceens maybe because of the air gap below the screens. Angle of attack is adjustable so plenty of scope for driving the car to work out what is best for you.

Finaly go see Keith's as he seems to have made a reasonable job.

PS Keith: have you seen the various mesh grills that have surfaced since your Ring trip?

Mick