Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Saturday

Lawrence_Z

A slightly late additional thanks to all involved over the weekend. A truly good day on Saturday - great to see so many faces and "names". Travelling so far makes the 2 events a must - to those competitors that didn't do the Marshall's Sprint - you missed out - it was another great day.

To everybody that put in so much effort to ensure another successful L7 Club sprint - big thanks *thumbup*

Iain

...and thanks from me too for another excellent weekend and all the hard work that allowed it to happen. The Championship seems to be getting more competitive AND manages to retain its friendly nature - the tyre kicking and banter in the paddock are as much fun as the driving IMO. Great to see you all again.

Andy Nicholls

C7 AJN

Just want to add my thanks to all too, Barbara, Roger, BB and also you competitors! (Sorry for the delay but I've not really had a chance to sit down since Saturday. Feels good now though!)

'twas a fantastic day and was most fascinating to see a lot of my class 2 rivals (hopefully they will be again later in the year, if not, then next!) driving their cars as I've never been able to before!

Congrats to all who achieved good times. Comiserations to those who broke bits, hopefully see you back on track soon!

😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Guy

NN 😳

Would just like to add my thanks to everyone - especially Barbara for phoning me to let me know I'd won a trophy! The atmosphere was really good and everyone was very encouraging.

I had a great day on my first sprint and am now looking forward to MIRA.

*biggrin*

Sally

What a fantastic day again. Many thanks to Roger, Barbara and all the gang, the marshals & Scrutineers etc for one of the best events on the calendar anywhere.

I apologise for covering the start area with oil after my filter blew off, three times in all, including a brand new filter as well. Seems like the oil pressure relief valve might be stuck (unless any one can suggest something else?)and might explain why I keep getting oil leaks from everywhere.

Still had a good day and missed teking on Ken & Steve in Class 4. Got to get my record back now, but might be a little harder now (you sods).

Cheers Terry

As I've said somewhere else, what was really interesting on Saturday was seeing, for my first time, how everybody else in the class drives the course. Mentioning no names but I really hope I don't look quite that scary!

😬

Guy

NN 😳

It really has all been said, but THANKS. Great day. Also thanks to No Nuts for the "words" having heard what he said about others I hate to think what he said about me, hope to see you back soon Guy, even if it means you win all the time 😬 😬 class 2 is the poorer for you not being there ( did that sound sincere ?)

It's time to play the music

It's time to light the lights

It's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.

It's time to put on makeup

It's time to dress up right

It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight.

.... 😬

Yes No Nuts was talking about me and unfortunately the standard of my driving matched my name 😳. I must admit that the car lacked feel and balance all weekend which made for some very ragged driving. I too was a little concerned as I fishtailed down the stright towards the flagpole but I was determined not to lift until I had crossed the line *thumbup*

I now know what caused the problems with the handling and these will be rectified intime for MIRA, now where do you get a full frontal labotomy 😬

Muppet

😬

What more can I say?

*wink*

I don't think there's commentary at MIRA. I wasn't planning on being there. ☹️

But good luck all!

Paul, ISTR I actually gabbled on about aeroscreens and windscreens and things at one stage when you were whizzing around.

Muppet (like it!) actually it wasn't you who came to mind when thinking about lairy driving, although you did seem to be struggling a bit. Looked like you'd got to the "sod it, I'm keeping my foot in anyway 'cos the time's going to be horrible anyway" stage. *eek*

Well, as soon as someone starts paying me some money, I hope to get sprinting again. Oh dear, I can see a long unemployment conspiracy ahead *wink* 😬 😳

Guy

NN 😳