Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Saturday

Lawrence_Z

here here....great day.....perfect weather...and my best time ever at Curborough but only 5th in class 1...well done to the organisation team, you've given a lot of people a brilliant days motorsport *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

• Area Representative

Sorry about my flipant reply 😬

If my memory serves me correctly

Class 1

1st Charles Fitzhugh

2nd Robert Herring

Class 2

1st Paul Bowden

2nd Michael Sankey

3rd Richard Price

Class 3

1st Tony Thorp

2nd Paul Dickens

3rd Robin Oldfield

Class 4

1st Ken Evans

2nd Steve Day

3rd Mike Riley

Class 5

1st Dave Jackson

2nd Peter Carmichael

3rd Lawrence Hoy

Class 6

1st BRODIE BRANCH

2nd Barry Hunt

Edited by - Richard Price on 15 May 2004 20:58:23

Hi All

Well last as usual 72 something was the best I managed. ☹️ but did i enjoy myself 🤔 OH YES.

Big thanks to Barbara, Roger and the rest of the team *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*.

As ever loads of chitchat and tyre kicking.... this has to be one of the most sociable events the club runs. It was really nice to spend the day with you all.

Well a great run up and home ... that was tee-shirt and sunglasses all the way. So Red faced tonight and that's not related to my times. 😬

Once again thanks all for a great day *biggrin*

What's next Mira ... must get silencer repacked, just scaped in today, in fact thats tomorrow's job. That was supposed to be done before today but the set screws that hold the removable end need drilling out.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - Bilbo on 15 May 2004 22:01:52

My second sprint and it was again an excellent day *thumbup*. I wish I'd stayed on for today's sprint now ☹️ . . . was just a bit miffed after going off on my last run *mad*, still, hopefully I will be able to improve my carp times on the next one.

BTW, here's a couple of vids demonstrating how to drive slowly and erratically around Curborough if anyone's interested...run2, run3 (13Mbish each).

J351 TPE - In one piece *smile*

Edited by - AdamHay on 16 May 2004 12:05:24

Well done all fab day, lots of fun, great laff anf nice weather. Probably my best performance yet! (If only I had an aeroscreen I would have a nice shiny award! 😬 😬) Only kidding.. *cool* Sorry for being particularly harsh on Gordy, and excessive gloating 😬 At least you get a 6 week break from that. I know you'll destroy me at MIRA *tongue*

Anyways, gongrats to all the organisers, you've dont a brilliant job, nice t-shirt too! *thumbup*

Another great day - thanks to R&B, BB and everybody else who made it happen. Lawrence - I'm looking forward to next year now (can't make August). You'd better be there!

Alex

PS - to the chap who called me an idiot for stalling - I think you've got to sit with my name on your mantlepiece for a year. Do smile when you polish the trophy. *smile*

Following my 'er- off' a note of thanks to all who kindly spoke back in the paddock, particularly the marshalls who were so good after I dissagreed with the hedge/ditch just after the Mole Hill. It seems that I had rear wheel steering when one of the de-deon ears broke. thought it was just understeer- good job was an exploratory lap and not a flyer !! Interestingly the chief marshall suggested that something had broken before I went aggricultural !!Damage to de-deon tube/r/hand ear casting. Seems it might have been fractured a while back...

Makes a case for having a trailor at events..

Can I also add my thanks to R&B and BB. A fantastic day with an absolute great crowd of people 😬

My best ever Curborough - personal best time (65.41) and 4th in Class 2 😬.

Unfortunately I couldn't get within a second of this time in the Marshall's sprint on Sunday but still had a great weekend.

See you all at MIRA *thumbup*

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Hi Nick. Yes I thought so too, it was so 'er gracefull' & seemed in slow motion at the time. If it had gone right over it would have been over the hedgrow & could have been a bit akward. Not a corner that has ever bothered me before but won't forget that one...Have always managed the whole day before !

Yes, wholehearted thanks to R&B, BB and every one else who made it possible, it was a great day. we really do have a great club - the cameraderie at 'our' events is brilliant.

Commiserations to Terry Dutton who lost his oil filter along with the chance to defend his Class 4 record. ☹️

Well done to Ken for taking the win...all to play for in August then eh Ken?... *wink*

Cheers

Steve

Like to add my thanks to Barbara, Roger and everyone else who made Saturday a great day. Congratulations to those in Class 2 including Paul Bowden, Mike Sankey and Kipper. I drove like a complete 'Muppet' but have since found a couple of things that effected the cars handling as it felt very unbalanced all day.

See you all at Mira *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

A big thanks to Roger, Barbara and all the marshalls and helpers out *thumbup* Wonderful day, especially for Mr C who came away with the Alex Wong fatest novice trophy* now in pride of place in our dining room 😬 I came away with sunburn *confused* but did improve my times over the day. Thanks also to Peter for walking (or should that be running) the course with us 😬

Looking forward to Mira

Tam

* but I promise it wasn't us who made any stalling comments Alex.

Apologies for getting the wrong person then. *smile*

Wonderful day, especially for Mr C who came away with the Alex Wong fatest novice trophy* now in pride of place in our dining room

The fatest Novice? I'm sure he wasn't the fatest!! 😬 A more appropriate use for the "The Alex Wong Trophy" perhaps 😬 😬

Edited by - Alex Wong on 17 May 2004 09:14:21

More thanks to everyone for a great day 😬 *thumbup*

Congratulations to the trophy winners - especially the novices Michael and Sally - well deserved *thumbup*. (Sally: you left too early to find out that you were awarded the cup. Ally got fastest lady.) It was great to have female comapny, I was the only lady there on Sunday ☹️.

Commiserations to those whose cars did not make it through the day. I hope you will all be running again soon.

I finally managed to get under the 75 second barrier on Sunday *smile*. I enjoyed my bit of rallycross out of Molehill on Sunday *eek*. Its the first time that I've got that sideways and managed to correct it and keep at least one wheel on the track -- and the time was 75 something *thumbup*. My forearms hurt this morning

Thanks again. Roll on MIRA - same weather please.

MrsKipper

well I have to say that was one of the most enjoyable sprints I have done in the last few years, really reminded me how much fun it can actually be *thumbup* great to see so many people turning up to watch and give encouragment...

although I have to say having the clock where you can see it down the straight is so frustrating, every run you see your time at the top of the straight and you think wow this is a good time, and then tick 60, tick 61, tick 62, tick 63 time seems to speed up and eventually you cross the line wishing the car over the line 😬

thanks to all the many people who make the day for us sprinters go so well *smile*

rob

*smile*