Click here if you are having website access problems ×

difference between events on sat and Sun at Curborough?

frankyknuckles

the sat event is a L7 event so only lotus caterhams and run by the club

Sunday is the marshals sprint, which I guess is organised by some other club and other types of car will be competing

same format tho I would guess *confused*

rob *smile*

13 in the L7OC class on Sunday according to the entry list, plus a couple of Caterhams (and Westfields!!) in other classes.

You are a fickle lot, all the fuss about getting an entry on the over-subsribed L7OC event and there's a perfectly good event the next day??? OK the atmosphere is not quite the same, but it would be if 70 of us entered on the Sunday.

The organisers of Sunday's event help out marshalling on our event so the least we could do is enter their's.

The format is identical. In previous years the marshals sprint was one lap but now two. Also their timing gear has been better, 64ft times displayed and recorded, finish speeds recorded, stuff like that, not sure about last year, think they were the same.

Edited by - Chelspeed on 14 May 2004 12:17:10

I wonder if the sunday event was also a 'championship' round how many entries there would be 😬

over subscribed I would have thought 😬

would certainly make me consider doing it as a double header *thumbup*

rob *smile*

Blimey - franky , you dont know what day its happening or where in the uk its located .......
😬 😬 😬

thanks guys, but I can't make it anymore 😳

I've got other stuff that I really need to get sorted this weekend (which includes a trip to caterham cars so not all that bad).

Will try harder to get to the next hillclimb or speed event.

Cheers, and have a good day, looks like the weather will be good *thumbup*

www.R300.net

Not going this year - too many things happening over the next few week-ends. But I always do both the Seven Club and the Marshall's Club sprints when I do the Curburough week-end. It makes the journey from Hampshire worthwhile. I always enjoy both. The Marshall's Club sprint is good for different reasons - there is a great variety of cars participating, from classic sports cars like the Lotus Elite or Europa, old generation Formula Fords, even an old 1980ish Formula 2 car on one occasion, plenty of hot hatches, the odd rally car and a good variety of track day type cars (Radicals, Westfields and of course, Caterhams). There's plenty to see and it gives you two opportunities on the circuit to better your times.

Highly recommended.