Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shedly blatting activities

Meldrew

I am going to a "Seventies Disco" 😳 on Saturday night and want to have a good reason not to get too inebriated, so an early morning blat on Sunday seems in order.

Any takers? Newlands Corner or Ranmore Common?

Steve - could do, but I was proposing a different location with some different stuff this time. I would suggest Newlands Corner - a National Tust carpark just off the A25 to the East of Guildford, south of the juncion with the A247 Guildford-Epsom road.

I shall pop into Mulitimap to find it. One moment please.

sorry Meldrew, ahem drinking too me out of the equation startling 1400 yesterday -- BAC level too high pretty much all day today as a result of last night's shenanigans 😬

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

No worries, Steve. Better that you have a license so we can see you next time. 😬

Doug - good thing you have a distinctive car. I didn't have time to identify James but my eyes were adjusted in time to clock you! Are you getting an aeroscreen now? Mr Astra was indeed a delightful fellow. The impromptu Ducati stunt team display in Cranleigh was good, too. Would have been even better if the cops had been coming the other way at the time. Good breakfast stop, though. I mean, black pudding and everything...On the way back, we got a clear run at the road where we were all stuck behind that horse lorry, just us and the bike that couldn't lose us (apart from a pottering Harley that got the F-15 shockwave treatment as we went past). Really good fun. We also found a new (to us) way from Alfold to Cranleigh that fills in some otherwise dull bits on a local blat, so highly successful in all.

We got back to be told - nicely, but firmly - that Mrs M was about to send out a search party. *eek* 😳 When I was asked where we had got to I tried to say "Arundel" as breezily as possible, but it didn't quite work. I really need a Seven that can take both kids so that Rachel doesn't get the hump about not coming and Judith can have a lie in. Wonder if you can get a three-abreast SV with a baby seat on the tunnel? I really don't want one of those hideous four-seater Morgans. 😬

• 1 year later...