Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yoko A048r's + Wheels

Graham King

I have recently traded in my Roadsport with 14" wheels for a Superlight with 13" wheels so have the following as surplus to requirements.

6 * Yoko A048R - £230

2 * 185/60 R14 (unused)

4 * 195/60 R14 (less than 400 road miles, 2 have 4.5mm tread (off rears), 2 still read approx 5mm on depth guage(off fronts))

5 * KN Jupiter 6x14" (no tyres, fit DeDion) - £60 (in reasonable condition)

If someone wants the whole package then £260.

I am in Surrey, approx 6 miles south of M25 J6. Buyer collects or will meet within reasonable distance.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85

Pasted from post in TechTalk!

Would I be right in assuming I could make a set of 4 very good wheel/tyre combo's for trackday use on my Roadsport from this selection? If so then I am very interested and have the nod from SWMBO! I work in Woking so collecting is not a problem.

RobF - we could work something out between us if necessary?

Roadsport build photo's here

RobF, I would like to sell the whole lot as a package rather than splitting, however if Grubbster wants the 4 * 195/60 then I am happy to deal with you on the 2 * 185/60. Otherwise Grubbster has first dibs.

Grubbster, these would in my view make ideal track day combinations, the wheels are not damaged, but could do with a polish.

I will be away from PC for a couple of hours but let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85

Ok, this is getting a bit complicated.

Would recommend we give first dibs depending on the time the interest was registered. Therefore if Angus was the first to email, please do give priority to him over myself.

I am only looking for the 2 x 185/60/14 tyres (on the basis they are the right compound and we can agree a price). If Grubster and I can come to an amicable arrangement and Graham is prepared to split then this will be cool. Otherwise I will place an order with George Polley.

By the way Grubster, 195/60/14 will be fine on the rear of the car with 185/60/14 on the front. I don't think I would recommend putting the wider tyre on the front.

One car - 1400 Supersport with 6 gears and clamshell wings. *smile*

Edited by - RobF on 11 May 2004 15:22:59

*smile*sorry - not meaning to complicate things - I sent another 'internal' email through Blatchat at about the same time (not connected) and have heard nothing, so just concerned perhaps thay had not gone through! I made an offer on all the 48's - it would seem that between RobF and Grubster, Graham has a winning situation of selling the whole lot in one go, which is cool. If it does not work out, then I would be in the market for all the 48's if offer was accepted!

I certainly should not be spending more debt on here, so if you guys work it out, thats cool 😬

'My First Race - SPA' pictures

here

60,000miles in 3years

Angus, the irony is that I only started buying A048s after you raved about them so much. If it hadn't been for you I would still be buying A021s! Think you may have shot yourself in the foot!!!

Still - thanks for making the recommendation *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬 😬 😬

One car - 1400 Supersport with 6 gears and clamshell wings. *smile*

I agree with Rob, if Angus's offer was first and acceptable to Graham then happy for you to do your deal. In the event that this doesn't happen then I think Rob and I can manage to sort something.

Angus - I too am interested in A048s 'cos of your recommendations! - you ran 195's on the front - how did you find it (I currently have Avon ZR1's and want something better for the occasional trackday)? I know the A048's would be a hell of a lot better than what I have now, but would 195's be a problem?

ok - unbiased view bearing in mind that 195's are for sale - I had 195's all round on our 1.6k SS (GPolley had sold out of 185's) and IMO it made the front over-tired - really tramlined and followed the road bumps. Rear was fine, but not really needed with our power levels. I was going to get this lot in order to make up some sets with 185's on the front and 195's on the back when we eventually get a little more power. You will notice a huge difference to what you have though, and if you and Rob sort something out then you will get a very good deal on perfect track day wheels and tires, regardless of if you put 195's all round - they will be cool on track etc *thumbup*

I MUST be due a suitable discount from G Polley after all my recomendations now!!! 😬

'My First Race - SPA' pictures

here

60,000miles in 3years

Edited by - angus&tessa on 11 May 2004 16:17:29

Ok folks back at PC now, apologies for the confusion caused by posting twice.

Having looked at all mails and offers, Grubster is the only one who has offered to take all of them, so assuming it is still on the table then I will go with that.

Just to clarify the points made, I too bought these after reading Angus's write up on them, I too previously had Avon ZV1's. When I bought them initially last Summer, Polley could only get hold of 195/60's (they are actually more like 195/58, so the rolling circ is very close to a 185/60), so I bought 4 of them. I ran like this for rest of last year. Like Angus I felt the front was overtyred (on road anyway, can't say about track), I actually liked the slightly larger tyre on the back, particularly asthetically. So earlier on this year I bought 2 * 185/60 for the fronts. My plan was to stick to 195's on the back as I estimated that they would last approx half the life of the fronts. But before I used the car this year I traded it in for a Superlight.

They certainly transform the car over the standard tyres which I put back on prior to trade in.

Grubster YHM and apologies again to those I confused.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85