Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What Gender is the 7

I.Mupferit

Just musing this morning as it was too wet to cut the grass and whilst waiting to be bored by todays F1 *confused* Isn't it strange how a nations car production reflects that country's psyche and how they view an inanimate objects gender.

Yachts, for example, are always female and my old dad always referred to his cars as "she" or "the old girl".

Italian cars are always female. Mostly gorgeous looking, think they are better than any other but never achieving their aims, subject to petulance, regular bouts of PMT and always costing you money. 😬 (Dives for cover)

German cars are strong, reliable, dependable....................unequivocally, therefore, male.

French cars are sometimes chic, occasionally attractive, a few dogs amongst them............the automotive equivalent of unshaven armpits, therefore ............female.

American cars are definitely 'Redneck males', big, ugly, not very subtle, lacking in intelligence and don't understand why the rest of the world dislikes them.

British cars are, however, impossible to categorise as a group. Rover is definitely your old Grandad, all pipe & slippers whilst Jaguar (older ones anyway) are female. The E Type is curvaceous, captivating and goes like the clappers so definitely the 'Bit on the side'.

Fords are the Essex girl...........a bit flashy, tarty even, quite cheap to run.

Now the 7, rather like the Mini (the old Real one) is of indeterminate gender, truly androgenous, displaying characteristics of both sexes at times. It can be slightly temperamental (female) but usually good in a crisis (male), quite attractive (female) whilst being cheap to run (male).

Any others 🤔

Brent

Zetec 209

Reassuringly Expensive

Edited by - brent chiswick on 9 May 2004 18:02:00

😳 mine is the slag of British sports cars.... hot & saucy, rough aroused & always ready for more from her master *tongue* *tongue*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

Edited by - Steve-B on 9 May 2004 21:47:50

There you go.......indeterminate gender for the 7. 😬

Land Rover..........Midland born, Midland bred, strong in the arm, etc, etc ........Male!

MGF.......Girlie, no question.

Aston Martin.........Gotta be male.

Just proves my point about British cars.

Brent

Zetec 209

Reassuringly Expensive