Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K series 4-2-1 manifold, top steering column wanted

paul jacobs

Now my car has got through the dreaded SVA, I can start upping the power a bit, so one of the first things I need is K series 4-2-1 manifold or would take a complete exhaust system although my existing silencer would suit.

I'm also after a standard top steering column, from someone who has chaged theirs for a removeable one, please.

I don't suppose that anyone has a fairly recent Emerald ECU and software they want to sell do they? Just a chance, if you don't ask, you'll never know *confused*

Paul J. - With a working Seven, now through SVA, awaiting registration. Does this process never end :-((

Hi Paul,

you must be plaesed to be road running, just in time for the summer too.

I cant help on what your after but i am on the lookout for a std kseries manifold if you were intending to get rid of the one you have. If you want to email me go for speedisthekey@hotmail.com

happy blatting

Chris

Thanks both of you. Steve, if I can't get the one with the lock in it, perrhaps I can get back to you. How much did you want for it?

Chris, yes I was going to substitute my standard 4-1 manifold for the improved one, so maybe we can do a bit of an exchange plus cash. Where are you situated. If I don't get a reply here, I'll try your hotmail address in a few days. Where are you in the country?

If anyone else has any of these things, I'd be mosty grateful. Having wated for 3 weeks to get the car an SVA slot, I now have to wait at least another 3 weeks for it to be inspected for registration, so it doesn't look as if it will be on the road now until at least June ☹️

Paul,

Not sure whether we have a wrong end of stick scenario. I am actually trying to get hold of the std 4-1 exhaust for a vehicle which currently has nothing fitted, so if you do want to sell the manifold you have then please let me know. But sadly, other than the paper folding stuff, i have nothing to trade.Good luck with your hunt.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, sorry, you did make it quite clear, but I read your post too quickly and in doing so read what I wanted to into it *confused*. If I do get hold of a 4-2-1 manifold, I'll get back to you because I will then want to sell my existing standard one.

Adam, I don't suppose you would come down to £10 and I would pay postage would you, as I'm not sure that I'll be able to get up to Curborough? Steve do you mind if I keep yours in reserve for the mo?

Many thanks all.

Paul

Paul

Good luck sourcing a 4-2-1 manifold - they're like hen's teeth. I was looking for one for about 6 months, before I gave up and bought a secondhand silencer off here for £50 and bought the manifold new from Caterham for about £510 - still considerably cheaper than the £700 to buy the whole system new from Caterham.

Oh, and BTTT for you!

Dave

Adam email should be with you now, Steve many thanks.

The price of that manifold is very high, I might very well look into getting one made up by my local exhaust fabricator. They did a complete system for my old vauxhall powered 21 with 3 silencers, front to rear, for around £1000, so I'm sure thet can do a titchy K series manifold only for a lot less than £500! I suppose the DVA website is the best place to get dimensions from? Unless anyone happens to have them handy?