Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow engine (most of) for sale

adey

In the tech talk, the "Crossflows are rubbish" debate, DaveMorris mentioned he had his crossflow rebuilt. forged pistons, cam, new head etc, lasted 147 miles before a valve stem snapped and stuffed the lot! Well this engine lasted 3000 miles before the same thing happened, so what's left of it is for sale!

Supersprint spec, 711m block, bored to 1700. Intact bottom end. Intact Kent 244 cam - in excellent condition. Three intact pistons. One very non-intact one. Lined, with a gouge to show. Head has indentation where the valve head was pushed into it by the piston. Otherwise super (missing a valve!)

Assorted bits: Clutch plate and housing (only done 3000 miles!). Fuel and oil pump. Rocker box. Single chain.

I was advised that the engine was repairable (sleeve needed for the head) but at an unpredictable cost, so I went for a working replacement instead. Now I just need to get rid of this lot as it is taking up space in my garage. Offers please, to include turning up and taking it all away (Newcastle) I've no real idea as to how much is of any potential use versus scrap, though the 244 cam is a contender, perhaps also the 3 pistons.

Adey

ajlea@scibertec.co.uk

07931 387486

Adey - O/T and hopefully not hi-jacking -

Do you ever see a yellow superlight-R up there with a 40+ year old balding and bearded gent at the wheel ?

goes by name of Jeff Antons (and has the unfortunate job of looking in peoples mouths all day).

His wife and mine are old friends.

If you see him - please remind him that he's got 4 of my old Low Flyings from 2002, also ask him how fast he's taking the roundabouts on the northern ring. (He gave me my first outing in a car shod with ACB10's one damp November day in 2002 - I don't think that I screamed *confused*)

Sorry to hear about your engine. Still waiting for the verdict on mine as to which part failed first.

Sold to the man in the front !

PS Dave: I know a Jeff , attends the NE club, saw him last month at the Church mouse. But he'll be offended if I describe him as 40+ plus lacks beard and has hair, so I'm talking rubbish, it's not him!