Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Top 3 Modifications

Psycho man

I was wondering what the consensus of opinion on the top 3 modifications to have to further the Seven experience. No doubt there will be a variance according the cars original spec, engine, suspension, etc, so a bit of qualification my be required, but to open the batting:-

1) Driver Training.

(I thought that this being the obvious one I would list it firat and remove it from the equation)

2) ...............

3) ...............

Jace,

I think you are right with your first upgrade. Get some training, learn to get the most from the car, then improve the car to give you more.

The options are really handling & power, and which you do first is up to you and what you want from the car.

You can get a lot improvement for relatively small changes when it comes to handling (depending, to some extent, on the car). The choice of wheel size & tyres, ride hight and suspension setting can all improve things for minimal outlay.

It really is up to you. What do you want and how much are you prepared to pay?

Dave

Driver training def. top.

If you don't have a FIA bar I'd get one fitted (first upgrade I did). Other safety oriented mods (honeycomb protection, fire extinguisher, full harnesses etc.) are also well worth doing.

Wheels and tyres make a huge difference to the way the car goes (if you're not on 13"ers). I suspect tyre choice is probably the biggest noticeable factor of the two though.

From there it really depends where you're starting from and what your aims are as Dave suggests.

Nothing really in mind. Just trawling for inspiration, sort of almost asking what has been the most satisfying modification for people. To be honest I wasn’t too sure what forum to post it in. I suppose what I have in the back of my mind is that if I’m going to spend money on a classic road going Seven, just wondering where it would be best invested in terms of enjoyment.

Arnie, you naughty boy blush.gif

The Victor Kiam bit was in "..." 's - and the best road driver in the country(IMHO) only manages to find half a face to chase his non-remington around wink.gif

But I have managed to 'shave' some time off my laps by being 'smooth' teeth.gif

FH